What's new

LCD Monitor Question (1 Viewer)

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
Hi all,

I have access to a used Viewsonic VX900 LCD monitor. I fired it up and there is one spot on the screen that has a little green dot. Nothing will display at the spot, if that makes sense. Is there anything I can do or will it be there forever?

-ian

DarrenHo

Stunt Coordinator
dead pixel. pretty much that way for life. manufacturers have acceptable limits of dead pixels on lcd displays. something like 6 in the whole display or 3 within a given area.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
That's what I was afraid of. Oh well I am going to try it out this weekend regardless. It doesn't seem to be in the way of what I use my computer for. I don't watch anything full screen and most of the time it seems to blend in with the background. I really want to give up my old heavy ass 21 CRT in favor of this light easy to move LCD screen.

thanks for the info!!

--Ian

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
well, there's a running myth that you can use a q-tip end to gently rub the pixel and try and unstick the pixel. . . never worked for me, but it's something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks