1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

LCD Monitor Question

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Ian_H, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

Hi all,

I have access to a used Viewsonic VX900 LCD monitor. I fired it up and there is one spot on the screen that has a little green dot. Nothing will display at the spot, if that makes sense. Is there anything I can do or will it be there forever?

-ian

2. DarrenHo

DarrenHo Stunt Coordinator

dead pixel. pretty much that way for life. manufacturers have acceptable limits of dead pixels on lcd displays. something like 6 in the whole display or 3 within a given area.

3. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

That's what I was afraid of. Oh well I am going to try it out this weekend regardless. It doesn't seem to be in the way of what I use my computer for. I don't watch anything full screen and most of the time it seems to blend in with the background. I really want to give up my old heavy ass 21 CRT in favor of this light easy to move LCD screen.

thanks for the info!!

--Ian

4. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

well, there's a running myth that you can use a q-tip end to gently rub the pixel and try and unstick the pixel. . . never worked for me, but it's something.