LCD monitor question

Discussion in 'Computers' started by TomK, Jan 21, 2003.

1. TomK

TomK Stunt Coordinator

I have a brand new Dell 1800FP LCD display and there was a dead pixel. I called and had them send me a new monitor and in the meantime the dead pixel seems to have fixed itself. The replacement monitor that I recieved seems to have a very slight yellowish tint, very slight. Question is on the original monitor will the dead pixel show up again or will it be good from now on? I like the display better on the original, but if the dead pixel will come back I'll take the replacement.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

It shouldnt come beack. I had a bad pixel on mine all I did was rub it gently and its been gone forever!
    DO you get to keep them both or do you have to send one back?

3. Sacha_C

Sacha_C Second Unit

Try putting a black, white, and other color backgrounds were the dead pixel was, it is often visible only on a specific color background.

4. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

it looks like i have a dead pixel (does pixel still apply to CRTs?) on my new dell CRT monitor...just a very small black dot...i emailed dell about this

is this common with CRT monitors? any way i could fix it? think dell will take it back and cover shipping?

thanks

5. Sacha_C

Sacha_C Second Unit

Only LCDs have dead pixels, CRTs also have pixels but they can't really "die" like on LCD monitors.

6. Jason Wilcox

so is it just...dust or something in there?

it's very small....like...much smaller than a period...most of the time i have to look for it to notice it...but sometimes it becomes sorta annoying when i'm scrolling and all the text is moving except for this little dot.

7. Jason Wilcox

let me just say that i'm extremely impressed with dell right now. they are sending me a new monitor and they're paying for return shipping on the old one. i told them that just 1/3 of a phosphor (is that the correct terminology?) is dead and they are replacing it.

oh...i do love the computer too! works great...best of all..it's so quiet!