What's new

LCD In the kitchen - Wireless? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Perry

Stunt Coordinator
Hey

It seems as though my wife wants to buy an LCD flat screen for the kitchen. My question is how to hide the wires for video and audio as well as power?

Is there a wireless option to this scenario?

Thanks a lot

edJohn

Auditioning
I have been using the 12" Sony location free tv for about 3 weeks now and like it alot. I will not bore you with specs you can go to the web site see attached link. Seriously consider getting the base accessory and a spare battery. With it you can charge both a spare battery and the main unit. Battery life on medium brightness is about 2 hours. The transmitter unit is about the size of a cigar box and accepts 2 audio/ video inputs as well as a standard coaxial cable from cable or antenna. Range from base is good with few dead spots (depends on house structure). Ability to surf Internet is nice. I just added a wireless Ethernet bridge to my wireless network and it works well. You can also configure it to send and receive e-mail(word of caution if your isp requires smtp password authentication for outgoing mail you will only be able to receive mail not send). Enough said check out the web site. Your post was read and replied from a location free tv. Go to sony.com and select location free under televisions.

JakeMc

Auditioning
You can always drill a couple of holes in the wall and feed the wires through. It's really much less complicated than you would expect.

Chris_HA

Agent
Personally I don't want to drill holes in MY walls, rip up my sheetrock only to have to patch and paint to be able to watch my LCD TV in my kitchen.

Just saw the Belkin RemoteTV device in Home Theater mag, and it might do this trick.

5.8ghz MPEG2 streaming, component video, IR remote pass thru. :emoji_thumbsup:
$500. :thumbsdown: It could be worse.

http://catalog.belkin.com/PureAV_det...duct_Id=178096

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks