LCD in a Wall Project

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Eric_Connelly, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly Second Unit

We purchased our new house back in November and shortly after purchased a 60" LCD Grand Wega.

The previous owner had a spot in that measured 44" wide for a 4:3 which he had in the spot.

We didn't want to spend the money on a Plasma but we wanted something that at least looked wall mounted so today work started on getting the unit 16" off of the ground and it sitting flush with the wall.

We have a bathroom on the opposite wall so we couldn't inset it completely, instead the walls were cut to match the angle of the rear of the TV.

We're building a oak stand for it and the components. I've taken some before and in progress pictures. The final pictures will probably have to wait for 2-3 weeks. We're having the house repainted and the painter said they do light dry wall work repairs while they work, so if I get it roughed in they will finish it up and paint for me, but thats a few weeks away yet.

Its going to cut into the bathroom a bit since they are back to back walls, but with some careful cutting its only taking out the very corner of the wall. It has new wallpaper and we didn't want to disturb it, so going over the spot will be a cabinet to hide any intrustion it may have had.

After that some Definitive Technology fronts, center and the rears built into the walls. Its going in a great room 25x19 and the HT area is on the shorter span.

First pics later on tonight.

2. Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly Second Unit

Scratch that...found a 6x6 beam holding up 20 ft ceilings...

We never thought it would be there, but it was...need new plan...