What's new

lcd hdtv and calibration (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Swenson

Stunt Coordinator
i bought my pan. 50 inch lcd this week and was told it doesnt need to be calibrated, i asked the salesmen if he meant no convergance needed because no tubes or guns or whatever, he said it really doesnt need calibration
is that right? would DVE calibration disc help me? or get a ISF calibration done?
the picture looks great on hdtv but not so good on regular satelite

SteveAnd

Grip
By all means, do some tinkering. I set mine up using the Video Essentials dvd. I think the primary things you should be concerned with are the contrast levels, brightness and color levels. Mine was excellent out of the box, but after messing with some of the settings, it is even better. One of the common sayings around here is "crap in, crap out." If you have a poor incoming signal, that will only get amplified/magnified on your screen. For standard cable, I have the sharpness on my Panny set to about 0. I'm pretty much watching only OTA HDTV and DVD for now, with the hope that cable will be offering HDTV in my area soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks