What's new

LCD for Parents (1 Viewer)

chaz c

Auditioning
My parents are looking for a TV they can mount on the wall of their new condo. My father heard bad things (brightness, reliability issues) about plasma technology so he moved on to LCD.

Since I have had great success here with everyones suggestions, my HT is the place to be. Sounds and looks fantastic. He turned to me to find out which brand and model he should go with. I have a Hitachi RPTV but its far to large for them. He has the perfect wall to mount a flat panel that will be across from his couch ( maybe 10'). The height requirement is about 4' tall.

Any suggestions as to a model people have had luck with? I know its new technology and its very expensive but thats what they want.

Any help is appreciated ! ;)

Hi Chaz,

There are several LCD to consider. I like the Sharp Aquos tv's. They range from 22" to 37". The largest the AN-37AG2 is a 37" with a/v box. It has 1366x768 and 170 horizontal and vertical viewing angles. Check the Sharp site for more information. Make sure whichever LCD you choose is HD ready, and look at the displays carefully. Sometimes, the view from an angle will look "washed out" . Good luck. Geri

chaz c

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply, Geri. I will make sure they get an HD ready monitor. They have seen my RPHDTV and are blown away.

Have the Sharp models been tested anywhere? I see them in the Best Buy and CC ad's but that doesn't mean that much to me. Do you have one of these?

Thanks and I will be sure to look out for the " washed out" look from different angles.

--Chaz

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks