LCD, DLP, CRT... Whats the def. of each, and what are the pros and cons?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NickSo, Aug 19, 2001.

1. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Im kinda new to the Front-Projector area of HT, and i just wanted more info... Does anybody have any definitions, or websites that explain LCD/DLP/CRT Front Projectors???
    And what are the pros and cons of owning either one of these??? Like having to replace the bulbs??? Video quality on average???
    My dad's hinting at considering one of these projectors, because our HT is upstairs, and it'd be hell to lug up a RPTV there...
    Thanks...
    BTW, the interest came up after we demoed a Sony LCD VW10HT today... Amazing...
    ------------------

2. KeithR

KeithR Second Unit

IMHO, front projection is the only way to have a true "cinematic" experience, as you need a 100" screen [​IMG]
    I refer you to www.avsforum.com where you can spend days searching for the answers to your questions. There is a recent thread that goes through exactly what you are looking for..do a search in the archives. the post is by "mflaster" to narrow your search down.

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Thanks keith, but what board did he post it on???
    There are like different archives.. TV, CRT, etc...
    ------------------

4. Sean M

Sean M Stunt Coordinator

You only need to check the CRT and Digital Projector forums to find the answers you want. You can search by poster on those two forums.
    ------------------
    "Experience is the one thing you can't get for nothing." - Oscar Wilde