What's new

LCD decisions.... (1 Viewer)

Chris_JH

Grip
Looking for a 32" LCD for my bedroom. "Narrowed" it down to several models (Panny 32LX50, Sammy 328W, and Sharp 32GA5U).

I was wondering what everyones opinions on these models (or the brands in general) are.

I was dead set on the Sharp, but then I saw the Panny and Sammy with them, and they both looked better than the Sharp. This was with the same feed, but they were in different locations of the store.

I will be using it mostly for Directv SD stuff, at least for now (budget is going to buy the TV and not another HD receiver).

Any advice would be appreciated!

-Chris

justin_mw

Auditioning
I would be interested in hearing opinions, too. I saw the Sharp at Best Buy last weekend. It appeared to be the best when viewed against the other models they had. I nearly bought it.

After looking up the specs of the Panasonic and Samsung mentioned by the OP, I think I might like those better. They are both cheaper and are capable of 1080i resolution. As far as I can tell, the Sharp only goes to 780p. As a disclaimer, there's a good chance I don't know what I'm talking about with regard to resolution or that it really doesn't make a difference. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks