LCD decisions....

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Chris_JH, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Chris_JH

Chris_JH Extra

Looking for a 32" LCD for my bedroom. "Narrowed" it down to several models (Panny 32LX50, Sammy 328W, and Sharp 32GA5U).

I was wondering what everyones opinions on these models (or the brands in general) are.

I was dead set on the Sharp, but then I saw the Panny and Sammy with them, and they both looked better than the Sharp. This was with the same feed, but they were in different locations of the store.

I will be using it mostly for Directv SD stuff, at least for now (budget is going to buy the TV and not another HD receiver).

Any advice would be appreciated!

-Chris

2. justin_mw

justin_mw Auditioning

I would be interested in hearing opinions, too. I saw the Sharp at Best Buy last weekend. It appeared to be the best when viewed against the other models they had. I nearly bought it.

After looking up the specs of the Panasonic and Samsung mentioned by the OP, I think I might like those better. They are both cheaper and are capable of 1080i resolution. As far as I can tell, the Sharp only goes to 780p. As a disclaimer, there's a good chance I don't know what I'm talking about with regard to resolution or that it really doesn't make a difference. [​IMG]