What's new

LCD Decision..request for help.. (1 Viewer)

Echo 7

Agent
Real Name
Carlos A. Burgos
I am currently looking at Two LCD's ...The Sharp lc-42d64u and the toshiba cinema series 42 lx177. the Sharp I can get easily for a much better deal than the Toshiba..but, I am not sure if it is 120 hz. The Toshiba would cost me about $500.00 more and I am sure is 120 hz. I am going to putting PS3 through it and possible run my computer as well. Okay ladies , Gents, let me know what your thoughts are!!

Regards,

Echo 7

Echo 7

Agent
Real Name
Carlos A. Burgos
Wow..22 responses and no one has any thoughts..can it be ??

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi
120 is mostly a marketing ploy on both of those displays. I like the Toshiba over the Sharp. The Toshiba is more easily calibratible.
www.valueelectronics.com is a dealer of both. Ask for Robert, the owner, he is the HTF Resident Expert.
Regards
Gregg

TylerZ

Stunt Coordinator

I agree, IMO you'll have a hard time telling any difference between a 60hz & 120hz. I was in the same situation as you 11 months ago going between a 46" Sharp D62 series and a Toshiba 47LZ196. I'm very glad and satisfied with my choice to purchase the Toshiba.

Echo 7

Agent
Real Name
Carlos A. Burgos
Thanks Gents..

I am going to have to go with the Sharp..I am getting a hook up through my brother in law and looks like sharp is going to be the unbeatable price wise.
So where do I go for calibration tips ??

Again thanks for your tips.

Regards,

Echo 7

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks