What's new

LCD Alignment (1 Viewer)

Joshua L

Agent
I have been watching movies on my EIKI 7000U LCD projector, and have noticed that the green is aligned one pixel to the left and the red is aligned one pixel up when you get up close to the projected image.

I was wondering if any one had any input on how to fix this issue?

Jim FC

Stunt Coordinator
Guy goes to the doctor. "Doc, it hurts when I do this," and he raises his arm. "What do I do?" Doctor raises his arm and says, "Don't do this."

Don't get so close to the screen... you get too close to any video image and all you'll see is red, green, and blue dots. I'm not familiar with that particular projector, but LCDs don't have convergence issues, so there's nothing you can do. I suspect what you are seeing is the "natural" arrangement of the red, blue, and green elements (in a CRT display we'd call them "phospors," but I don't know what they're called in an LCD display) that make up every pixel.

Joshua L

Agent
I think you misunderstand. You can see that the alignment is one whole pixel off, not part of a pixel.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Some LCD projectors use three LCD panels, for red, green, and blue respectively. A prism splits up the light beam from the projector lamp three ways. On this type pf projection unit the panels need microscopically precise alignment and once in awhile they are off by a pixel or two. In most cases this kind of convergence error cannot be fixed at home.
Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks