Layout suggestions?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Tim Hess, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Tim Hess

Tim Hess Second Unit

Just bought house and have to work in my HT gear somehow; the space isn't ideal and I only see 2 options.

Here are some shots of the room:

Looking into the LR from the DR:
    [​IMG]

A little closer:
    [​IMG]

Looking out from the LR:
    [​IMG]

Sliding doors on the right, picture window on the far wall:
    [​IMG]

I was running a 7.1 setup previously, given the layout of the room, I feel that I may have to go down *sniffle* to 5.1 (maybe 6.1 if I can work with the space above the sliding doors (livingroom4.jpg).

I can place the set (50" LCD) where the couch is in the livingroom1.jpg shot, with main viewing where the couch is in livingroom4.jpg, mains l/r of the set, sub to left of the far (big) window, component rack off to the right of the right speaker against the far wall (or swaped with the sub or left of the set), center below the set, surround l/r behind the couch at ear level (or tucked into the ceiling corners, above the windows which would require the purchase of smaller surrounds, but would allow for 6.1).

Corner loading (livingroom2.jpg) doesn't seem to be an option due to surround placement.

I will be running:

Klipsch RF3 Mains
    Klipsch RS3( and/or II's depending on 5 or 7.1) Surrounds
    Klipsch RC3II
    SVS-20-39PC+

Any thoughts?

2. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

I think you've got it as far as placements go. Very nice house by the way...

3. Tim Hess

Tim Hess Second Unit

Thanks for the kind words, Thomas_A, we love the house (just not the layout for HT [​IMG]. Price you gotta pay I guess. BTW, not our furnishings, though the Magnum is ours.

I think I could swing the 6/7.1 if I could find a speaker that would match my Klipsch setup OR one I could replace the Klipsch setup with. I haven't heard many smaller systems out there and the space I would have for the sats is much smaller than normal, i'd need *looks around* Bose sized sats.

4. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

Doesnt Klipsch make a dipole surround that would fit in your situation...so you can have the 7.1