What's new

Layer change problem with Pioneer DV-45A (1 Viewer)

Tamer C

Agent
I purchased a Pionner DV-45A 2 months ago. I'm very happy with the player except for one thing, a slight pause during movies. I guess this is a layer change. Is there any workaround for this? Are other owners experiencing this as well?

I'm thinking of returning the player for this reason. It's really annoying and everyone watching seems to notice.

Thanks!

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Layer change pauses are normal for nearly all but the very latest (expensive) players. (And it ain't always perfect for those either.) I guess after having a player for so long I'm used to it. (IMO, sure beats getting up to flip the disc over like LD's or early DVD's (before dual layer discs were common...)

If it's only a second or so, I'd say everything is normal.

videobruce

Stunt Coordinator
This 'layer change' I assume is the time it takes the pickup to return to the inner portion (DVD's do read fron in to out don't they?) from the outer portion of the recorded surface?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I don't think its an outer/inner transition, but to re-focus from one layer to the other.

BTW, I have a 45A, and it seems no better or worse than my previous Sony players. I also have a Denon 1600, that seems some what slower than the Pioneer.

The change at the end of Monster's is quite distracting, more so on the 1600 than the 45A.

I think I read that the Denon 2900 has a pretty much seemless layer change, but its three times the cost of the 45A and/or the 1600.

Like all things, you do tend to get what you pay for.

BGL

Tamer C

Agent
Thanks for the responses.

Looks like this is something normal, at least with my player. I'll just have to live with it until my next player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks