Lay off, I'm STARVING!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Scott L, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Scott L

Scott L Producer

2. Magnus T

Magnus T Supporting Actor

I guess we know the reason McDonalds stoped super sizeing.

3. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Look at the wrists and neck of the front big one. The skin tone changes, looks like a "fat suit".

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

some people are just going to be bigger then others. while i agree that it may not be in the kids best interest to eat at mcdonalds ... can we really say what his dietary habits are?

based on that pic, we just assume that the kid does nothing but eat junk food. but who knows?

also, as a parent, do you want your kids to feel bad and deny them something they want? i know my kids look foward to our weekly fast-food run - it's cool seeing how excited they get when they can order whatever they want.

i guess i just don't think pictures like that are really fair.

5. Gary->dee

Gary->dee Screenwriter

I recently heard of some new law or something that makes it harder for people to sue fast food places. Maybe someone that knows more about this can shed some light.

6. Erik.Ha

Erik.Ha Supporting Actor

Gary- The "Cheesburger Law" as it has been dubbed passed the House of Representatives today and is on its way to the Senate.

7. Darren Haycock

Darren Haycock Second Unit

Well yes I do. It's called not spoiling them and doing what's in their best interest.

But you're right about the pic. Who knows? Maybe the kids have thyroid problems or something and they've put on a lot of weight from it. I knew one guy who had to have his thyroid removed and he gained 30 lbs in about two weeks as the doctors tried to work out the right medication to replace his thyroid, and he was thin before! Not fun.

Still, I don't think going to McDonald's is going to help anything in that kind of condition...

8. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

If what they want would contribute to the worsening of an already-serious condition, then the little squirts can cry all they want. At least they'll be alive to do so.

9. Gary->dee

Gary->dee Screenwriter

Well there ya go! Thanks, Erik.

10. Mike_Ped

Mike_Ped Second Unit

Kid's got bigger boobs than a lot of women I know...

11. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Looking at that photo it doesn't even look like it's in an English speaking nation, that poster in the background looks reversed but by those characters, that doesn't look like English to me.

Jay

12. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

....if that "something" is damaging their health and leading to a possible early death....yeah.
    Why the hell are so many modern parents afraid to pull back on the reigns in the best interest of their kids? Stop trying to be their "friend" and try being a "Parent", sometimes being a good parent means being the "bad guy" in the short term...the long term is what is important.

(I'm not referring to you specifically Ted Lee, I just see so many parents out there these days that offer up this same sentiment in the face of actually teaching their children discipline and then when their kids grow up to be spoiled self absorbed monsters...they don't understand why.)

13. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Eh, when I grew up there were no fast food restaurants near us (hell, there still aren't any near my parents.. a pop 800 town won't support much)

The problem with fast food, also, is that it's so easy that it just rolls right off.. but I've honestly found that a lot of it is so damn bland without the originality that it's hard to really "crave it"

I mean, hey, how likely is it that McDonalds will start serving s*** on a shingle? Or meatloaf? or Hamburger Pie? Or any of the other things I loved as a kid [​IMG]

14. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

15. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

how in the world did i get on the topic of parental control yesterday? man, what a thread fart. sorry about that. [​IMG] for the record, i think it's okay to spoil your kids a little. parents just gotta use common sense!

anyway, i just hope those kids turn out okay.

16. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I don't get it. It's a picture of the Michelin Tire Man at McDonald's... so what?