Laws Of Attraction, Highwaymen & Shaolin Soccer coming to DVD Aug 24th

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Johnny G, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Johnny G

Johnny G Supporting Actor

No details yet but these 3 current movies have been announced from Alliance in Canada so I assume they'll be released by New Line or Buena Vista in the US.

2. Johnny G

I do know 1 small detail, Shaolin Soccer has the original Cantonese on if that makes a difference to anyone.

3. Johnny G

DVD Planet now have these up for pre-order and have Shaolin Soccer listed as 112 minutes which, according to imdb.com, is longer than the theatrical release at 87 minutes & the Hong Kong DVD at 102 minutes.

Whether their info is correct though, is another matter.

4. PaulaJ

PaulaJ Supporting Actor

The extended version of Shaolin Soccer on my HK DVD is 112 minutes. Um, I think 111 plus some seconds. Not 102 minutes. In fact, I think the first version of Shaolin Soccer seen in Hong Kong was 105 minutes. The question is... is Miramax actually releasing the entire (extended) version unchanged -- with the *original* music and sound effects? Or is this timing a mistake and is 87 mins (the length of the Miramaxed version released to theaters in the U.S.) the correct one for the DVD?

By the way, DVD Planet has listed the release date as June 29.

5. Johnny G

Well if their details are are as accurate as their release dates, I guess it will be 87 minutes.