What's new

Lawrence Of Arabia: The Battle For The Arab World (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Interesting stuff. I'm interested. PBS never releases stuff to DVD prior to broadcasting it so I'm sure their disk follows a broadcast somewhere in the US.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm... I womder what that documentary is. I don't think it's the docuementary that's on the Columbia DVD. Interesting.

Gordy

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
PBS never releases stuff to DVD prior to broadcasting it
They did a Mark Twain doc not too long ago that was out on DVD before it aired, if memory serves. At least I'm pretty sure that it was available for pre-order well before the air date, and then hit store shelves the same week as the initial airings. (Since not all PBS stations will air a given show on the same night or at the same time.)

This looks like another one of those cases. A quick trip to www.pbs.org and a search on "Lawrence of Arabia" turned up this page, according to which the documentary will debut the week of October 22, 2003. The preview certainly looks interesting enough.

Regards,

Joe

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I remember seeing some promo on PBS for all their fall shows/movies and saw clips from Lawrence of Arabia on there. I figured they were just going to show the movie, but I guess this is what they were showing. Cool. Looks interesting.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I know it is a major documentary; produced mostly in the UK - I know they flew a couple T.E. Lawrence scholars out there to do interviews, including Mack. There's a BBC version that is essentially the same (slightly different edits) airing soon as well.

The PBS version actually screened in public last week at a theatre (I assume video projected) in Salt Lake City, as part of advance publicity or for critics or for Emmy consideration or something.

The documentary is either two hours or two nights. One of the original subtitles was "The Making of the Modern Middle East" ...sounds like "The Battle for the Arab World" might be the American title.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
The region 2 edition of The Making Of Lawrence Of Arabia is availabe for pre-order at Play.com with a 27th October street date. £5.99 is pretty low price, folks = $9.60, roughly. There's also a Making Of... WestWorld; Ten Commandments; Guns Of Narvarone and some other films. I really want to check them all out, but I'll try Lawrence first and then decide if I'll get WestWorld and so on.

Gordy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks