What's new

Lawrence of Arabia-new date? (1 Viewer)

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Wasn't the clothbound release already superceded by the RAH-approved Superbit release ? This release dropped the extras and awkwardly split the movie across two discs from what I remember but the presentation was superior to the original clothbound release. The obvious next step would be for Sony to release this on Blu-ray (could be one of the things to finally convince me to jump on that bandwagon) but I am not sure if they will bother with another SD special edition (even if they do it will be just a repackaging).

-D

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
Saw a High Def version on HDNET Movies earlier this month and it looked really good. I've got Verizon FIOS which is great in handling HD content with a few exceptions, in particular, TNTHD which is VERY odd at times displaying subtle distortions and other annoying, strange artifacts. Must be heavier compression as most other HD channels appear great to me (HDNET for one).

This is all to say that an HD master must be out there and I would feel confident in saying they have this one in the pipeline.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
The Superbit transfer from about five years ago was from an HD source.

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator

The clothbound Limited Edition was sold alongside the Superbit for some time ... in fact I think the LE is still available, but in a regular plastic case now. I believe the Superbit is now out of print. I own them both because I wanted the superior Superbit transfer with the extras on the LE. And when the BR comes out I'll buy that. Lawrence is one of the few movies where I'd quintuple-dip without complaint.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks