Lawrence of Arabia in Atlanta, June 8th

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Brent Bridgeman, May 12, 2003.

1. Brent Bridgeman

Brent Bridgeman Second Unit

Brent Bridgeman
    Woohoo! Finally! Lawrence of Arabia is coming to Atlanta at the Fox Theater on Sunday June 8th at 8:00 pm. Wish it was showing for a month so I could see it numerous times, but I'll happily take what I can get. This will be my first time seeing it on the big screen, and I can't wait. My wife noticed it on the Fox marquee as we were walking to the Bridgetown Grille, bless her heart. Otherwise, we may have missed it.

2. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

I will be there. I take it you're not an AJC reader as they advertise the series there virtually every day.

I have my doubts it will be as good as the first time I saw Lawrence in 70mm. Fox's screening of 2001 last year had some very unfortunate presentation problems.

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I'm going to find SOME way of seeing this.

Heck, I'll ride a camel to the theater if I have to!

4. Ben Seibert

Ben Seibert Stunt Coordinator

This is just the news I've been waiting for; I've held off on watching LoA because I wanted to see in on the big screen first. After last year's wonderful showing of 2001 (What problems Brook? Only thing I noticed is the first reel was scratched relatively badly), I'm really looking forward to this one.

5. Brent Bridgeman

Brent Bridgeman Second Unit

Brent Bridgeman
    Looks like they're showing "Spirited Away" at 3:00 and then LOA at 8:00. Wish it was a little earlier due to the length of the picture and the fact that it's on a Sunday night. However, I'd see it even if they were only showing it at 4 am on Monday morning.

6. BarryS

BarryS Second Unit

Man, I want to go. Is it worth going all the way to Atlanta (about an hour and a half away) just to see a movie that I already own on DVD? In the case of Lawrence of Arabia, yes.

This is a 70mm projection, I assume?

7. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

If I was still living in Lexington, I'd go in a heartbeat. [​IMG]

8. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

It opens in Indianapolis this Friday. I think what we are getting is only a 35mm restored print, not the 70mm, but if I'm wrong I'll let you know. It's playing at the Keystone Arts for any Indy people that might read this.

Even if its just a 35mm version, its still LoA on the big screen.

The trailer they run for it is great, they don't even say the name of the film. Instead they just say "if you don't know what this is, then you need to be here to see it". [​IMG]

9. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

RE: Presentation problems with 2001

The left front speaker had a dull buzz all the way through the film. Also the screen was dirty which distracted whenever the background was white (and 2001 has a ton of white backgrounds).

Maybe depending on where you were sitting you couldn't tell or hear, but I was in the middle 4th or 5th row down front.

10. BarryS

BarryS Second Unit

So if it were shown 35mm instead of 70mm, does that mean that it would shown in modified aspect ratio?

11. Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe Screenwriter

I live across the street from the Fox. Would anyone care to meet up before or after the show?

12. BarryS

BarryS Second Unit

It's not listed on the Fox Theater website. They just have listings of upcoming stage musicals and plays it seems. Is there a number to call for information?

13. Ben Seibert

Ben Seibert Stunt Coordinator

14. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    I will be there. [​IMG]

15. Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe Screenwriter

I'll likely be attending Spirited Away, Lawrence of Arabia, Two Towers, Gods and Generals, Gangs and Pianist.. gotta love the Fox.

And here's to hoping one of the TBA 8/21, 24 or 25 "Summer Blockbusters" ends with the name 'Reloaded'..