What's new

Lawrence of Arabia in Atlanta, June 8th (1 Viewer)

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
Woohoo! Finally! Lawrence of Arabia is coming to Atlanta at the Fox Theater on Sunday June 8th at 8:00 pm. Wish it was showing for a month so I could see it numerous times, but I'll happily take what I can get. This will be my first time seeing it on the big screen, and I can't wait. My wife noticed it on the Fox marquee as we were walking to the Bridgetown Grille, bless her heart. Otherwise, we may have missed it.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I will be there. I take it you're not an AJC reader as they advertise the series there virtually every day.

I have my doubts it will be as good as the first time I saw Lawrence in 70mm. Fox's screening of 2001 last year had some very unfortunate presentation problems.

Ben Seibert

Stunt Coordinator
This is just the news I've been waiting for; I've held off on watching LoA because I wanted to see in on the big screen first. After last year's wonderful showing of 2001 (What problems Brook? Only thing I noticed is the first reel was scratched relatively badly), I'm really looking forward to this one.

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
Looks like they're showing "Spirited Away" at 3:00 and then LOA at 8:00. Wish it was a little earlier due to the length of the picture and the fact that it's on a Sunday night. However, I'd see it even if they were only showing it at 4 am on Monday morning.

BarryS

Second Unit
Man, I want to go. Is it worth going all the way to Atlanta (about an hour and a half away) just to see a movie that I already own on DVD? In the case of Lawrence of Arabia, yes.

This is a 70mm projection, I assume?

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
It opens in Indianapolis this Friday. I think what we are getting is only a 35mm restored print, not the 70mm, but if I'm wrong I'll let you know. It's playing at the Keystone Arts for any Indy people that might read this.

Even if its just a 35mm version, its still LoA on the big screen.

The trailer they run for it is great, they don't even say the name of the film. Instead they just say "if you don't know what this is, then you need to be here to see it". :)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
RE: Presentation problems with 2001

The left front speaker had a dull buzz all the way through the film. Also the screen was dirty which distracted whenever the background was white (and 2001 has a ton of white backgrounds).

Maybe depending on where you were sitting you couldn't tell or hear, but I was in the middle 4th or 5th row down front.

BarryS

Second Unit
So if it were shown 35mm instead of 70mm, does that mean that it would shown in modified aspect ratio?

BarryS

Second Unit
It's not listed on the Fox Theater website. They just have listings of upcoming stage musicals and plays it seems. Is there a number to call for information?

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
I'll likely be attending Spirited Away, Lawrence of Arabia, Two Towers, Gods and Generals, Gangs and Pianist.. gotta love the Fox.

And here's to hoping one of the TBA 8/21, 24 or 25 "Summer Blockbusters" ends with the name 'Reloaded'..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bignatt
Recent bookmarks