Lawn Dogs - A rare experience

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ricky f, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

Late last night around 11:30 pm I was flicking through some TV channels and a movie was about to begin, This movie was Lawn Dogs.
    A tale about Friendship between a 10 year old girl and a lonely gardener.
    I enjoy many movies, most of the movies I see are not independent movies, But I am sure this one was.
    It was a rare experience to see a movie this good, It came to 1 am in the morning and the movie was drawing to a close, The ending came and the credits rollled.
    After Lawn Dogs was over a tear was in my eyes, My eyes had just witnessed something very rare and my eyes will witness this movie again and a tear will come to my eyes again.
    I think I might be alone, Because I have asked a few people and they have not heard about this great movie.
    Has anyone on this forum seen this wondeful rare movie? If you have I would be grateful to hear your response.
    Regards,
    Ricky
    ------------------
    Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003344.html

2. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I saw it. No offense, but I despised it. [​IMG]

4. Scott Dill

Scott Dill Stunt Coordinator

I liked it. It was a bit pretensions, but otherwise a pretty good low budget indie. I was interested in the characters.
    I tell ya though, seeing that scar on the little girls chest is more gruesome to me than anything Tom Savini could come up with [​IMG]
    Edited a few typos
    [Edited last by Scott Dill on August 28, 2001 at 11:18 AM]

5. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

I liked it, but as far as indies go, it wasn't all that wonderful. It's fairly inoffensive and doesn't stray too far from being a feel-good film, but it had good characterizations and downright earthy settings that really helped the story move. A good watch, but coulda used a little sharpening up.
    Bruce
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

6. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

7. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I actually saw this one in the theater... I thought it was very good, if somewhat simplistic. I didn't care much for the fairytale ending either. But Rockwell was great.
    Another one of his movies they show on TV every once in a while is "Box of moonlight" which I liked a LOT. I keep waiting for Rockwell to get his big break, and I thought it would come after "The Green Mile" but not so... he was great in "Galaxy Quest" too, by the way. [​IMG]
    /Mike