Lawn Dogs - A rare experience

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Late last night around 11:30 pm I was flicking through some TV channels and a movie was about to begin, This movie was Lawn Dogs.
A tale about Friendship between a 10 year old girl and a lonely gardener.
I enjoy many movies, most of the movies I see are not independent movies, But I am sure this one was.
It was a rare experience to see a movie this good, It came to 1 am in the morning and the movie was drawing to a close, The ending came and the credits rollled.
After Lawn Dogs was over a tear was in my eyes, My eyes had just witnessed something very rare and my eyes will witness this movie again and a tear will come to my eyes again.
I think I might be alone, Because I have asked a few people and they have not heard about this great movie.
Has anyone on this forum seen this wondeful rare movie? If you have I would be grateful to hear your response.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003344.html

Scott Dill

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
I liked it. It was a bit pretensions, but otherwise a pretty good low budget indie. I was interested in the characters.
I tell ya though, seeing that scar on the little girls chest is more gruesome to me than anything Tom Savini could come up with

Edited a few typos
[Edited last by Scott Dill on August 28, 2001 at 11:18 AM]

Bruce Hedtke

Cinematographer
Reaction score
I liked it, but as far as indies go, it wasn't all that wonderful. It's fairly inoffensive and doesn't stray too far from being a feel-good film, but it had good characterizations and downright earthy settings that really helped the story move. A good watch, but coulda used a little sharpening up.
Bruce
------------------

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Vince Maskeeper

Producer
Reaction score
I saw it. No offense, but I despised it.
And that is the beauty about these off-kilter "indie" films- they don't try to appeal to everyone. Rather than watering down the film and the way they want to present it, they allow for the fact that not everyone will enjoy the film.
This to me is the true power of indie cinema- while the major corporations are test screening films and trying to appeal to the largest base of consumers- indie cinema is busy making real films, even if they don't appeal to everyone!
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

MickeS

Producer
Reaction score
I actually saw this one in the theater... I thought it was very good, if somewhat simplistic. I didn't care much for the fairytale ending either. But Rockwell was great.
Another one of his movies they show on TV every once in a while is "Box of moonlight" which I liked a LOT. I keep waiting for Rockwell to get his big break, and I thought it would come after "The Green Mile" but not so... he was great in "Galaxy Quest" too, by the way.

/Mike

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stew1911