What's new

Lawman (WB/1958-1962) (1 Viewer)

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Hello,

I’m interesting in the western series Lawman starring John Russell and Peter Brown but I don’t know the series at all.

Are there any people that can give me the highlights and the production values of the series?

What is the best season?

What are the best episodes?

How is the general writing and the film-making?

What do you recommend in particular?

Many thanks.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
I'd highly recommend the series. I'd say start at season 1 and work your way through. I'd never seen it before the Archive released it last year, but had enjoyed John Russell in the Timeless release of Soldiers of Fortune. And I love all the Warner Brothers' westerns so I gave it a shot and was immediately hooked. I love John Russell's upright portrayal of a lawman trying to bring justice to Laramie. If you like westerns you've seen most of the plots before, but he towers over everything in his relentless pursuit of what is right. You see his softer side a little more in the last three seasons when Miss Lily (Peggie Castle) is added to the cast. The production values are fine, as with all the WB westerns. If I had to pick a best episode I'd say the one that introduces Marshall Troop's brother (James Drury).

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
I'd highly recommend the series. I'd say start at season 1 and work your way through. I'd never seen it before the Archive released it last year, but had enjoyed John Russell in the Timeless release of Soldiers of Fortune. And I love all the Warner Brothers' westerns so I gave it a shot and was immediately hooked. I love John Russell's upright portrayal of a lawman trying to bring justice to Laramie. If you like westerns you've seen most of the plots before, but he towers over everything in his relentless pursuit of what is right. You see his softer side a little more in the last three seasons when Miss Lily (Peggie Castle) is added to the cast. The production values are fine, as with all the WB westerns. If I had to pick a best episode I'd say the one that introduces Marshall Troop's brother (James Drury).

Thanks again. I already discovered The Dakotas—another WB western series that I find engrossing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks