What's new

Law & Order: The First Year, 10/15 (1 Viewer)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
In the same vein as the 6MDM and BW cross-overs, what will they do with the eps of L&O that crossed with Homicide? It's fairly unsatisfying to see the stories unresolved.

Of course, I'm betting they'll do the same thing they do when they show the eps in syndication: nothing.

//Ken

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I just ordered law & order season one for $51 change shipped. I guess the msrp of $99 has been dropped to $79 its weird though some places still are showing the old msrp and this release is only a few weeks away.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I hope it's not out-of-line (as far as Gord is concerned) for me to say this, but TVShowsOnDVD.com asked about review copies of Law & Order (and Baretta), and were told they were not going to be made available.

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
Well worth the purchase as far as I'm concerned. The video quality I find to be far better than the Star Trek TNG sets; I think much of the quality gripes I've seen are with regard to the grainy film stock that was intentionally used to give the film a documentary-style look (this definitely applies to the pilot -- broadcast episode six).

Anyone know when we can expect series 2?

Joseph_mx

Stunt Coordinator
Well, there is a SAVE $10 certificate on Law & Order:The second year coming in Spring 2003 inside the Boxset. Didn't see it ?

Felicia J

Agent
What I love most about this show is that, because it concentrates on the cases, you can jump in and watch any episode and not suffer from not knowing the "backstories" of the characters.

I have too many other interests in life (movies, music, books) to watch TV shows religiously, so Law and Order is perfect for me when I just want to unwind on the couch.

I was going to just rent the first season from Netflix, but after seeing the posting about the Sam's Club price, I may bite the bullet and pick this set up.

Britton

Screenwriter
Is it me, or are the opening credits for Episode 6: "Everbody's Favorite Bagman" not correct? Everytime I saw it on A&E, it had this really, really old school, 80s style credits that did not have Steven Hill in them. I remember the Law & Order logo was in a more blocky white font and it was accompanied by the sound of a prison cell door slamming shut. I bring this up since the episode was filmed in 1988, and Roy Thinnes was the DA instead of Steven Hill, so the different opening credits always made sense to me. On the DVD set, the credits are the same as every other episode.
Oh, and I didn't get a $10 coupon with my boxed set. :frowning: Must be because I bought mine from amazon.ca.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Well, I don't have the set (yet), but you're right, the credits should be different because that was originally the pilot. Certainly the credits were different when the episode was on A&E -- I never saw it on NBC.

//Ken

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
Well, there is a SAVE $10 certificate on Law & Order:The second year coming in Spring 2003 inside the Boxset. Didn't see it ?
No such thing in my box. I ordered it from play.com (who I believe source R1 from Canada, so that might have something to do with it). We just finished watching them all last night and it's been such a habit that I'm disappointed I have no Law and Order to watch tonight...I really hope they do the whole series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks