What's new

Law & Order - SVU & CI (1 Viewer)

MattGunn

Auditioning
Has anyone heard any updates on when Law & Order CI Season 2, or SVU Seasons 2, 3 and 4 may be released?

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
Any news on more releases of Law&Order: SVU in the near future? I love this show and I want to see more of it on DVD!

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
No new sets of CI or SVU have been announced, but the upcoming release of Trial By Jury will include the SVU crossover episode from season 6.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
SVU is also one of my favorite shows. I'll be picking up all seasons when they're released. I'm just disgusted with the fact that Universal's double sided dvds always have problems somewhere in the set. But it's either put up with them (and believe me, I've returned sets and individual discs for replacements which also ended up having problems) or miss out on some of the best tv out there.

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator
Pardon me if this is a bit OT, but I've been unable to find this out elsewhere - does anyone know if the USA Network's airings of SVU are the complete, original NBC versions, or are they edited? Thanks

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure, but with the shorter length of the SVU episodes on NBC (around 42-44 minutes), I doubt there are many, if any, cuts.

LindseyS

Stunt Coordinator
Do they edit the L&O sets? I heard that the 14th season of the original used syndication cuts for the DVDs.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure about the more recent sets entirely, but I can assure you that the first four seasons of Law & Order are the original cuts based on the length of the episodes.

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
Am I the only one who is anxiously waiting for some more Law & Order: SVU?
Whatever happend to Seasons 3 and 4? I hope there are some more releases very soon. For a popular show they sure are taking their sweet time...maybe i'm just impatient. ;)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
They seem to be trying for at least three sets overall per year, with the first (and only) one for 2006 being Trial By Jury, which needed a DVD release simply because it gives all four series a DVD set.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
I think they have set a pattern for releasing 1 set in April, 1 set in September, and 1 set in December, and my bet is that they are alternating the mothership with the spinoffs...

So my best GUESS is that we're looking at something like this...

Sept 2006 - L&O 5
Dec 2006 - CI 2
April 2007 - L&O 6
Sept 2007 - SVU 3
Dec 2007 - L&O 7
April 2008 - CI 4
Sept 2008 - L&O 8
Dec 2008 - SVU 4

Now mind you, I hope they would release these faster, becasue at the moment they have 11 of the series so far 29 seasons out and they are falling behind by another three seasons a year.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
If they were smart, they'd at least start pumping out the SVU sets a little quicker, since it's now the highest rated show on NBC.

Of course, that's without knowing how the sets actually sell.

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
You'd think they'd complete CI and SVU and then just keep current with the DVD. I would very much like to see original L&O as well, but the SVU and CI stuff is totally new to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks