What's new

Law & Order: SVU - 16 November 2004 (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
If you haven't seen it, it's a good one, well worth catching on the USA repeat in a week or so. They have to sort of get Chris Meloni out of the way in order to focus on the other characters, but Mariska Hargitay is pretty great here, and the premise/execution was even creepier than the typical SVU episode.

There's been a lot of talk about how packed Tuesday is, and I don't think this show gets its due for being consistently one of the greatest things on that night. It doesn't lean on macrostory, so it's harder to sustain a week-to-week conversation, but episodes like last night's demonstrate why the done-in-one procedural still can get high ratings despite the fact that the "buzz" always seems to be on the more serial shows - in one hour's time, you can get a complete story with a strong beginning, middle, and end.

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
I thought that it was a very good and very creepy episode. The actor who played "Abraham" has a pretty good batting average when it comes to playing disturbing roles. My only quibble was that the end was pretty much telegraphed. Then again, a lot of shows resort to killing the perp before arrest and conviction
, especially when they've set up the story in such a way that obtaining a conviction will be difficult, which it definitely would be in a case like this one.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
No, I didn't want the perp to go through the messy prosecution process. What I did see was the girl realizing what the perp had really done, and taking care of it. From the perps POV, his last thought, knowing that he had failed, was enough for me. I don't think that the girl is going to need a shrink to 'get over' what she had done.

But yes, a really great, and creepy episode. SVU has had creepier ones, but not very many.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks