What's new

Law & Order: SVU 10/14/03 (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I've added spoiler protection to your post. There are undoubtedly people who recorded the episode and haven't yet viewed it.

M.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
As much as I like L&O, I just haven't had time to watch it lately (or much of anything else for that matter). Please spoilerize your response, but what happened?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
And what he wrote is wrong, anyway - Elisabeth Rohm is on the regular Law & Order; Stephanie March has been the ADA on Special Victims Unit since the start of the second season.

I knew she was leaving the show, but I was kind of surprised by the way they did it - the writers have been hinting at her becoming disillusioned with her job since the middle of last season, and I figured she'd leave because of that rather than being written out like this.

Good episode, but the end didn't make a lot of sense to me - was Alex actually shot and then put into witness protection (explaining why her arm's in a sling), or was that a put-up job?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Once again, spoiler protection added.

I had the same question about the ending, though.

My guess is that the assassination attempt was real, but the announcement of her death was not. Everyone assumed that she was no longer a target when the macho yacht owner was found dead in his cell. After the drive-by shooting, they realized she needed to disappear. But that final scene had a tacked-on feel, as if the script originally called for her to die but at the last minute they decided to film a sort of "cliffhanger escape" scene.
M.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
We don't usually spoiler-protect after the West Coast airing in these discussion threads, do we? Why so insistent here?

The epilogue being tacked-on makes sense, since the scene beforehand looked pretty darn definitive. Kind of an odd choice, unless Wolf & company decided toward the end that this story is something they may want to pick up again later if they can get the actor back (as with Olivia D'Abo on Criminal Intent last year).

It was also good to see them actually getting some use out of Richard Belzer and Ice-T, as well - while Meloni and Hargitay are the leads, the second pair of detectives often seems unnecessary.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I dont watch it on a regular basis anymore but wanted to see how they got rid of her.

Interesting twist.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Why so insistent here?
Because ever since SVU was moved into the Tues. 10pm timeslot, there are more people (like me) who watch it on a delayed basis -- in some cases, as much as 12 days later when the new episodes first appear on USA. I made a special effort to tape last night's episode, because I knew there would be major developments. But otherwise I don't watch the episodes until days later. Thank you, NBC programmers.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks