Law & Order Season 17

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Walter C, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
    I don't know if anyone is still watching this show. I did catch the season premiere, and finally got around to watching the following episode, which was about a certain web site.

I am mixed on the cast changes. The new partner, and having Green as the lead detective, just doesn't feel right with the show. Still don't know yet how I feel about the new ADA.

2. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott
    She looks a lot like Jamie Ross to me (physically speaking).

3. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Supporting Actor

Enjoyed the season opener - this is still my favorite of all the current network cop shows out there right now.

4. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Jack McCoy's winning streak of attractive co-workers continues. Lucky bastard. [​IMG]

Does anyone else think that the new junior detective's eyes are like too close together or something?

The new episodes are OK. Maybe a little better than lately, but nowhere as good as the early seasons. What's really lacking is the DA; Adam Schiff was so much better than the two since. Just having one really good line or expression helped put a point on each episode. These two have been blah.

5. Britton

Britton Supporting Actor

Maybe, but I have to say I really find both the new ladies very attractive.

6. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Just a news update to followers, big changes next year:

Fred Thompson resigns, reshuffling Law & Order

Fred Thompson is leaving as District Attorney, and word is McCoy becomes DA. They may be replacing some detectives. Some budget cutting.

I have to say, if they could make one big change for me it'd be fewer "ripped from the headlines" stories, because I ffind those incredibly BORING because you already have thoughts on the outcome/story and they just don't seem very inventive. Maybe it's me on that one though.

7. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott
    They did sort of drop that hint in the season finale.

8. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard
    Season 17 of Law & Order is currently premiering on terrestrial in the UK on Five (Friday nights at 10 pm). Still not totally convinced with Milena Govich as Det. Ed Green's new partner Nina Cassidy. Alana Da Le Garza has been good though, and I hope her being in the Los Angeles spin-off helps the show (when it returns on NBC in the US a week tomorrow). Bearing in mind what happens at the end of the season/start of Season 18, it's an interesting journey. Things on the detective side of the show seemed unsure at the start of the season, but things have improved with that side of Law & Order.

The Chevy Chase episode was for me the worst episode so far. Favourite episodes so far have been episodes 3-6. Next Friday's episode is "Corner Office" (episode 10).