What's new

Law & Order, and Law & Order Criminal Intent on DVD (1 Viewer)

munnp001

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrick Munn
Well we all know universal is spitting out the SVU sets preety fast these days. But what the hell happened to the original and Criminal Intent. I find it hard to believe that the previous sets didnt sell, given the popularity of both of those shows. Anyone heard anything official or otherwise about Universals plans or do we think these two shows have been cancelled on dvd. Thanks

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
News was posted on TVShowsOnDVD on Wednesday 12th August, 2009 about the fourth season of Law & Order: Criminal Intent being released on Region 1. Yesterday front cover artwork for the Region 1 fourth season set was posted on TVShowsOnDVD. The URL links to the two news articles are below:

Law & Order: Criminal Intent: The Fourth Year (Region 1 DVD) - R1 release news - TVShowsOnDVD news article

Law & Order: Criminal Intent: The Fourth Year (Region 1 DVD) - front cover artwork - TVShowsOnDVD news article

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Criminal Intent is my favorite of the three series, but I like all three.

Glad to see season four coming out.

After the complete series itself is out, I would love to see a special release that featured all the episodes featuring the character of or those episodes that feature references to Nicole Wallace. My favorite recurring character on the show. Sad when they killed her off, really.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
A new news article was posted on TVShowsOnDVD on Tuesday for Law & Order: Criminal Intent. The fifth season is being released on Region 1 in May. The URL link to the news article is below:

Law & Order: Criminal Intent: The Fifth Year (Region 1) (5 Discs) - TVShowsOnDVD.com news article

To comment on the article:

Fred Dalton Thompson only guest starred in one episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent, which was in this season, the second half of the story "In the Wee Small Hours". The article makes it sound like he appears in a few episodes in the fifth season of Criminal Intent. He's appeared in every Law & Order show as well as Conviction, so he did have that presence, but in Criminal Intent he only appeared in one episode.

On TV.com for the story "In the Wee Small Hours" it states that it was originally presented as a two hour movie, but instead is shown as two separate episodes. Technically there are 21 stories in the fifth season, but 22 episodes in total if you count "In the Wee Small Hours" as two separate episodes. Over here in the UK Five showed those two separate episodes in one two hour block but kept separate. I think there were episode recaps, so I assume these will be on the Region 1 set.

Several cast members did exit at the end of the season, yes. It will be interesting to see what the Region 1 front cover artwork will look like. They've shown they can fit all six main cast members of Law & Order on the DVD front cover artwork (the sixth and seventh season sets).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks