LAW OF DESIRE and MATADOR?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by GerardoHP, Jan 15, 2006.

1. GerardoHP

GerardoHP Supporting Actor

Gerardo Paron
    LAW OF DESIRE is one of my ten favorite films of all time and I'm really hurting for a clean DVD version of it -- my VHS tape is about to collapse!

Does anyone know why haven't these films have not been released on DVD yet?

I just read that sometime this year we're going to get a retrospective festival of all of Almodovar's films in Los Angeles, including those two, and was wondering if anyone's heard anything about any DVD plans for those titles.

2. Ali B

Ali B Second Unit

It looks like the proposed UK R2 release was withdrawn for some reason, although Play.com seem to list (possibly another) release for 5th June 2006.

3. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Producer

There already WAS a UK release of Matdor from Tartan. I have it.

At some point there were Criterion Matdor rumors floating around, but they seem to have gone away.

Ted

4. WillardK

WillardK Second Unit

Yep... Law of Desire was on the BlueLight label. I'm happy with it, and have been on the lookout for Matador.

This from DonaldB's list:
    Week of 9/19
    Almodóvar Box Set: Dark Habits/Matador/Law of Desire/Women of the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown/Kika/The Flower of My Secret (Pedro Almodóvar) Optimum [R2-UK]

Volume 2 of Optimum's Almodovar sets has Law and Matador, and was listed at amazon.uk for november 05. However, it looks as if it was never issued.