What's new

Laverne & Shirley: The Complete First Season (1 Viewer)

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
Just bought it today on DVD... watching the third episode as I type this... I noticed the episodes so far are running 22 minutes long.. could they be edited?

Roman-K

Stunt Coordinator
I bought HD today and almost bought L&S, I'm on the fence. Is it worth getting? HD runs 25:01, but the intro is 1:30 or so.

Supporting Actor
I'd buy it. And I did.

Happy Days is my sentimental favorite... and so is L&S... And I bought them.

Alan Lee UK

Stunt Coordinator
I watched the first episode the other day and thought it ran over 25 minutes. Even the teaser for the second episode was intact, so I don't think it is edited.

Robyn

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if the episodes had been edited, but then I just told myself the commercials are missing so it just seems shorter. I'm happy with the shows , but a little bummed there aren't any extras.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter

Each episode runs 25 minutes, give or take a few seconds. That's the proper length of a half-hour episode from the time period of L&S without commercials.

This is easy to check. It's right there on the display of just about any DVD player or software.

With all the discussion and indignity about edited episodes lately, we need to be really careful about asking if or implying that episodes are edited before even checking to verify their timing. Misinformation spreads like wildfire in Internet forums.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
With the way that week has been, I have had little time to sit and watch nearly as much of the set as I had hoped, but I have to say that I am very pleased with the set overall.

While it would have been wonderful to have gotten some extra's, I am more than pleased with the quality of the presentation. For the lack of a better word, I was shocked at the way that the video quality is. I have never seen the show look better.

Paramount, a company for which I have a very mixed bag reaction too for the way that it has regarded some of my favorite films that they own, has made me happy with this set and I look forward to more seasons of this, one of my, if not my THE, favorite sitcom of all time.

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
I just thought of a slight problem by releasing both HD and LAS at the same time. There was one story line where it started on HD and ended on LAS so we'll most likely get the ending before we get the beginning. Unless they decide to throw on the ep of HD as a bonus. But I can't see that happening since there were no extras on either of these first season sets. Hmmmm....

Randy

Supporting Actor

I brought this up in the topic HD & L&S... It's the Shotgun Wedding part 1 and part 2.

Of course, it's a minor problem... kind of irritating... but... I just wanted to point it out and thank you Randy for bringing attention to it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks