What's new

Laurel & Hardy In Other Regions (1 Viewer)

Matthew H

Second Unit
I'm aware of the UK 21-disc boxset that was put out last year (and is fantastic, by the way), but with a total lack of L&H here in R1 (with the exception of the two Artisan releases, and the upcoming Fox and WB releases).. I need to import what else I can to have as much of a complete collection as I can.

I'm a pretty well-rounded L&H fan, but I'm not aware of what is available overseas. What films that aren't available in the boxset are out there, and what are the best possible releases of these available? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Matthew H

Second Unit
Blotto is one of my favorite websites and I never even thought about looking there. Thanks, guys.

raymond tucker

Auditioning
The most complete yet compact set is the Dutch collection which compiles all of the silent shorts, sound shorts and Roach features (available from Basta Records website) although it does not include the existing Spanish language versions. Quality-wise the German editions from Kinowelt are the best in the world, and in many cases feature material absent from all other releases (For example the German version of Pardon Us has the standard release version, and an extended cut combining footage from the preview version and the Spanish version is included as a bonus) I don't understand why for the UK edition they felt the need to pad the set out by including colorized versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks