What's new

"Laura" Blu-ray Release on February 5th! (1 Viewer)

jsteed

Grip
Real Name
John Myers
Robert Crawford said:
But, did you watched it like I did this afternoon? ;)
Nope. But did watch certain scenes to see the quality and was pretty satisfied with what I saw.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by jsteed
Nope. But did watch certain scenes to see the quality and was pretty satisfied with what I saw.
On my display, it was beautiful. I'm sure there will be others to take issue with this BD as there seemingly always is, but I'm very happy with what I viewed today.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
jsteed said:
I just picked up Laura from my local Sam's Club for 9.98. :)
I stopped at my Sam's Club and they didn't have it (don't know if they didn't put it out, never got it, or ran out already). Now I'll have to try back later. David

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
bujaki said:
Same here at my local Sam's Club. I'm so disappointed. Costco, anyone?
Just tried my local Costco, and they had nothing, but sometimes they don't get catalog titles until days or even weeks after the release date.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Robert Crawford said:
On my display, it was beautiful.  I'm sure there will be others to take issue with this BD as there seemingly always is, but I'm very happy with what I viewed today.
I wonder what exactly they'll be taking issue with? I'm very pleased with the transfer - some shots literally take the breath away - especially when Miss Tierney shows up. What people probably won't realize are the huge number of long opticals there are, especially at the beginning where there are multiple dissolves that go on for minutes at a time before they finally cut out of them.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Mine didn't have it :( I'll have to keep checking. They've also switched to putting out those lame plastic holders that have a picture of Blu-ray covers that you have to take to checkout and wait for actual product :rolleyes:
jsteed said:
I just picked up Laura from my local Sam's Club for 9.98. :)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Laura looks great! The audio and the picture fantastic. The extended version does not look to be a transfer to HD. I watched the movie twice last night. I also ordered up the new sound track. I have the Laura/Jane Eyre and the Laura/ Forever Amber which has the old 78 version transfer to cd. Perhaps it is a double dip but this is one soundtrack I must have in complete form. Thank you Bruce!!!!!! Can you tell us when it shall be ready to ship?

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Mark Collins said:
Laura looks great! The audio and the picture fantastic. The extended version does not look to be a transfer to HD. I watched the movie twice last night. I also ordered up the new sound track. I have the Laura/Jane Eyre and the Laura/ Forever Amber which has the old 78 version transfer to cd. Perhaps it is a double dip but this is one soundtrack I must have in complete form. Thank you Bruce!!!!!! Can you tell us when it shall be ready to ship?
I also ordered the soundtrack even though I have the Laura/Jane Eyre CD. I'm really looking forward to getting the complete score on CD. I haven't had a chance to crack open the BluRay. Is the extended version not in HD?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Mark Collins
Laura looks great! The audio and the picture fantastic. The extended version does not look to be a transfer to HD. I watched the movie twice last night. I also ordered up the new sound track. I have the Laura/Jane Eyre and the Laura/ Forever Amber which has the old 78 version transfer to cd. Perhaps it is a double dip but this is one soundtrack I must have in complete form.
Thank you Bruce!!!!!!
Can you tell us when it shall be ready to ship?
?????? I don't understand your meaning?

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
Can anybody officially confirm whether or not the extended version of Laura is an HD transfer and not just and HD encode on the BD? Is the extra scene in the extended version in SD with the rest in HD? This is very important info for making a purchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Lromero1396
Can anybody officially confirm whether or not the extended version of Laura is an HD transfer and not just and HD encode on the BD? Is the extra scene in the extended version in SD with the rest in HD? This is very important info for making a purchase.
What I viewed yesterday was HD and that was the extended version.

jsteed

Grip
Real Name
John Myers
Robert Crawford said:
What I viewed yesterday was HD and that was the extended version.
I saw the extended scene which looked exactly the same as the rest of the movie in HD.

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Gutierrez
So there is no more noticeable jump in quality when the film branches to the extended scene? That always bugged me in the DVD. It wasn't as drastic as the video-quality-changes on South Pacific, but I never liked that the film would zoom ever-so-slightly at the jump, and get a bit softer within the same shot. I have mine pre-ordered at MovieStop and will be picking it up after my seminar tonight.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Mark Collins said:
We should have them four weeks early - maybe end of next week.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Lromero1396 said:
Yes this is what I meant. The DVD you could tell. I watched the movie twice and i felt the whole extended looked not as good just silightly but that is my crazy thinking. Please buy the movie anyone it is great. The trailer of course looks awful. The soundtrack....... Bruce I screwed up and bought from Screen Archives. Which of course states I will not get it until March. I am just glad I have a copy. I was afraid of a sell out. The bonus is that from the the Laura/ Forever Amber/Bad and Beautiful CD??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks