What's new

Latest TV Ratings Available if you need a top performer (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Dear Readers:

Sorry about the thread crapping by several of the posters.

The nay sayers about Consumers Reports have nothing to offer except criticism. What do they have to offer in the way of objective testing? Magazines that accept advertising from the makers of Tvs that they test? Word of mouth?

As far as the claim by PerryD that he read that CR adjusts its TVs to maximum brightness and contrast. That is simply not true. I have the past 5 years worth of Consumers Reports and the "max brightness and contrast" is not to be found.

If anyone can point to the specific issue and page of Consumers Reports that contains that statement, I will give them $$.

Until these guys have anything remotely like objective test ratings to use to make recommendations, anyone who wants an objective review of current TVs, please feel free to ask for ratings.

I can make one thing very simple. It is hard to go wrong with Sony. Not number one in every type of TV, but number one in CRT RPTV, number one in plasma HD and ED, number one in thin LCD, and number one in Direct View CRT.

Again, feel free to ask for ratings of specific models or the top performers by size and type.

Artie

PerryD

Supporting Actor

I apologize for the thread-crap, it was out of place. I used to be a subscriber to Consumer reports many years ago. I'd be curious if anyone has kept 10 years worth of March issues of the magazine to verify my memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks