What's new

Latest Price Info on Sony SACD Player SCD-C222ES ? (1 Viewer)

Leo

Second Unit
Jigesh,

Congrats on your latest aqusition. I believe you'll enjoy the unit for a while. And considering there's no forthcoming SACD/CD only units, you've gotten yourself a good deal. I just love the fact that I can do all my settings from the remote and via the display screen on the unit instead of relying on a TV monitor with my Pioneer DV-45A.

Now time to start building that SACD collection. Enjoy the music.

Jigesh Patel

Stunt Coordinator
i think if you look closely, the three year warranty card is for Canada. the US warranty is still five years.
You are right that Canadian card says three year warranty. However, the other leaflet titled "Limited Warranty" with US address (Sony, Fort Myers, FL) says as below:

1. LABOR: Three years.
2. PARTS: Three years.
3. ACCESSORIESS: Parts and labor on accessories: One year.

My unit was manufactured in April 2003 and came with (1) yellow/brown product registration card (2) Warranty information for Canada, and (3) the US warranty information as above.

However, Sony Website does mention warranty as five years. Probably I got wrong inserts.

Jigesh

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jigesh, glad to hear you are enjoying the 'C222ES. Well done! As for the warranty card, ignore it. You are covered for five years. It is very common for Sony ES components sold in the US to come with a Canadian warranty card. In fact, I believe all of my components did.

I am surprised to hear that J&R still has the 'C555ES. I figured they were long gone.

Jigesh Patel

Stunt Coordinator
Jigesh, glad to hear you are enjoying the 'C222ES. Well done!
Thank you.

And if I may add, I so far bought (haven't listened everything yet):

Diana Krall: When I Look in Your Eyes - terrific! Sounds as if she is in my room!

Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon - that Japan-made CD. Will listen to later.

Norah Jones: Come Away with Me - amazon has shipped!

Plus these DVDs:

Bizet: Carmen: Maazel, Migenes, Domingo (1984) - amazon has shipped! Basically to re-invent opera.

Donald Fagen: Nightfly - DVD-A. Amazon has shipped! Basically, not to forget my DVD-A player (RP82) in favor of the new 222ES!

Jigesh

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks