What's new

Latest " Buzzword" Driving Me Nuts. (1 Viewer)

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
Fabulous.

It seems every one is saying it. TV, Movies, People at work...

We used to say things were great, now everything is fabulous.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Nah ..... I think "spect-abulous" is better. (Perhaps: "Specterrific". Hmmm.) :)
(When I was a teenager, just as the Earth was being formed :), "bad" was the thing to say, to indicate "good".)

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
I'm still guilty of saying groovy all the time. I like excellent more then I like fabulous. If I'm feeling feisty I might even throw in a "most excellent" :)

AviTevet

Stunt Coordinator
Hm... I don't know what you're talking about. I always say "fo shizzle" if something's phat, or if something's mad phat it might be fo shizzle my nizzle. For something that's tite I might be like "dat's bling! (sheeit)" Fabulous just don't cut it, you know what I'm sayin? Not descriptive enough.
:)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
What I have found to be a "buzzword" on the reality shows i.e. Survivor/Temptation Island/etc. is "amazing" when describing another player in the game..everyone is amazing to everyone else. DAMN annoying!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
How about "Homicide Bombers"... who the fuck came up with that one?!! :rolleyes
It spread like wild fire sometime last week I believe.
--
Holadem - no politics please

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
How about "Homicide Bombers"... who the fuck came up with that one?!!
Someone who got tired of seeing murderous thugs referred to as "suicide bombers" - like they were only killing themselves and just happened to be using explosives to do it. The point is to emphasize the innocent people these clowns are murdering, rather than the "martyrs" themselves. (And there "homicide bomber" is hardly an oxymoron. Not all bombers set out to kill, some attack property, not lives.)

Regards,

Joe

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
That's not too bad. A friend of mine works with a guy who says 'Fab-u-lo-so' in an extremely hi-pitched voice.
Along with that he is about 5'8", 280lbs, drives red Yugo car, has a Bobba-fet sipper cup (you know, with the big plastic Bobba-Fet action fiqure on top). He has cow skin style seat covers and a bumper sticker on the back that says "What would Zina do?". He also has a Jack-n-the Box antenna ball.
It's quite scary.
Peace Out:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks