What's new

Lateral move from dc-2 to sacd/dvd-a compatible preamp (1 Viewer)

Eric_Hopewell

Auditioning
I'm looking to possibly move to a new sacd/dvd-a capable player but can't do either with my Lexicon dc-2. I hate to say goodbye to the performance of the Lex but can't afford to go to a mc-8. I figure the dc-2 would fetch around $1500 and wondered what might be available for around that price that would be close to the Lex in performance with the six channel inputs needed for dvd-a/sacd.

I have access to a Cary Audio P-7 for $1300 but have no experience at all with their gear. It would be a blind sale. Does anyone have any experience with the p-7 or any other possible recommendations. Preowned suggestions around $1500 are definite possibilities. Thanks to all.

Eric

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
Why not look for a Sony TAP-9000ES preamp?

Then you can use that to control multchannel sourced volume and still use your Lex for processing.

Eric_Hopewell

Auditioning
That's a good idea. I failed to say that I have been doing that off and on for about a month with no success. Also considering exploring a 6 channel input upgrade from MSB. Should work the same as the upgrade for DPL processors to handle DD/DTS. I was just looking for other opinions/options as well.

Eric

Eric_Hopewell

Auditioning
Sorry, I meant that I haven't had much success locating a Sony ta-p9000. But one showed up today on Audiogon for $475 obo. Does anyone have any links to info on the ta-p9000. I read a Stereophile review but it didn't show any back panel picture and I'm a bit confused about the 5.1 and 2-channel bypass inputs. Feel free to clarify but here's my understanding: It has two sets of 6 channel ins that are controlled by the tap, one set of 6 channel ins that are bypass and another set of 2 channel ins that are also bypass.

So: use one set of 6 channel ins for dvda/sacd using the preamp controls and the 6 channel bypass ins for the dc-2's outputs. The second would pass the dc-2's signals untouched to the amp. Is this correct? Thanks

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
The DC-2 goes to the bypass 5.1 input. The DVD-A/SACD goes to the active 5.1 input. The TAP acts like a controller for your system. I have one and a Lex MC1, awesome combination for high-res audio and Logic7 home theatre :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks