What's new

Late Show (8/30) (1 Viewer)

Mike Slade

Second Unit
Anybody see Dave? Tonight, the second in HD, they had the "High Definition Celebrity Walk On" They had Regis come out and stand right in the very left of the frame so he could only be seen on the HD broadcast. Perfect!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes, I happened to catch it while channel surfing. It was clever.

I sure hope that they quickly get up to speed on their graphics in HD for this show. Letterman kept kidding about how great everything looked in HD. Too bad that a lot of the jokes were on him when what he was talking about (like the "Top Ten List" animation) actually wasn't HD at all.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Hmm. It looks like my local CBS station forgot to flip the HD switch - they showed it last night in SD. Monday was in HD.

Mike Slade

Second Unit

Well the first night they had a skit that was not HD and the top ten list was in 4:3. Last night i did miss the opening of the top ten list so I don't know about that, but the actual list was 16:9 unlike the first night. And the little skit with Biff was HD. So things did improve from night one to night two.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I don't like some of the new graphics they've started using. The Top ten list font just looks wrong, visually unappealing, and the opening credit lists of the guests aren't that great either.

Here in NZ, we don't have HD broadcasts, so I was watching the SD version, and I have to say I think "HD Celebrity Walk-On" was probably a funnier joke in SD than HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks