What's new

Last Wednesday I Became a Citizen of the United States!! (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
I went to an auditorium in Portland with 47 other citizen applicants, from 21 different countries, and took the pledge of allegiance.
Just thought Id share,
Gregg

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Congratulations, Gregg! My father finally became a US citizen about ten years ago and it meant alot to him. So I have some idea of how you must feel. :emoji_thumbsup:

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
thanks guys!

I was raised in Canada, but have been in the US since 1988. Ive been thinking about joining the Navy Reserves so decided to take the plunge so I can go direct entry commissioned (if they will give me an age waiver - I turn 35 in December).

Gregg

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Congrats!

I intend to apply in a couple of years (not eligible yet)

--

Holadem

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations Gregg! I do remember a shirt we gave to a friend who travelled in the Middle East a few years ago. It had a big Canadian Maple Leaf insignia on the front and the back said "Don't Shoot, I'm Canadian!" :bg:

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Congrats Greg!! Don't forget to read your official flag manual!! (another thread here) and always hold on to your Canadian Heritage - don't let it go!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Heh, congrats, Gregg!

Decidedly joined the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Wish you to always stay one of those, my friend.

Cees

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Congrats, Gregg! Guess that means you can no longer root for the Canadian hockey teams. ;)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Congratulations Gregg. I'm doubly impressed that you decided to do this after watching the election chaos of last year, and the attacks of this year. Welcome aboard! :)
Regards,
Joe

JamesMH

Stunt Coordinator
Good stuff Gregg!
I became one too last year, when I was 28, its never too late. :)
You can actually join the US Navy just by having a green card, I almost did, but as you proberbly know, they won't let you use your brain unless you become a citizen.
Whats it feel like knowing more about the US law system than the average yank? ;)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
So I figured I'd better become a citizen and sign up for the army before I got drafted.
Gregg, there ain't no draft no more.
There was one?
:)
Welcome you (insert derogatory Canadian slang here). I also had no idea that you were a fer-en-er.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
Congrats, eh?

I'm originally from Buffalo NY but loved playing hockey at the Fort Erie Arena. The rink was cold, but nice warm locker room.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Hey it's easier to become an American citizen than a Canadian citizen. We don't make you learn French. :D
(I have to read Canadian patent laws on occasion. They are printed in a two column format, English on one side and French on the other. Which wording controls?)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations! Were there any Swedes at the ceremony? :)
I'm pretty sure I'll apply for citizenship too when I am eligible (2 years from now, I think). I wasn't going to, because I didn't want to give up my Swedish citizenship, but they've changed the law there to allow dual citizenship. Woohoo. :)
/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks