What's new

Last time BIG mistake... (1 Viewer)

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
HDNutts2010 said:
I thought the picture quality of the Sharpe was far and above the best of the three, but the lip sync issue was noticeable,
Jesse Skeen said:
Most A/V receivers will let you adjust the sound delay so it'll be in sync with the picture. Why would you use the crappy TV speakers?
HDNutts2010 said:
I know about the Lip sync option on receivers, a lot of what I read people were say you may need adjust each input each time, meaning adjust for Blu-ray and then adjust again for HDTV... not sure if that is true or not, but if I could simply adjust, tweak once and be done I'd be ok with dealing with the issue manually via the adjustment.
Didn't we cover all of this in your previous thread?

Sync and delay issues are absolutely at their worst with LCD-based displays - even to the point where the most extreme delay adjustment available through your AVR may not be enough to overcome the inherent delays caused by all of the extra processing performed by LCD displays.

If you are dead-set on an LCD display (and, again, I'm confused as to why this discussion would be ongoing based on your previous thread), I would strongly suggest you find out which model offers menu options to completely disable and turn off as many of the image enhancements as possible. If gaming/delay is a big concern for you, you need to take this into account.

HDNutts2010

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Jason Charlton said:
Didn't we cover all of this in your previous thread?
Well this was more on the 4K base display's and since I can't seem to find out hoe to "edit" a post on this forum, it took a few replies further down to indicate it's 4K I'm looking at. And since the last thread was older, I was looking to see if there was any technology advancements that corrected the lip sync problem. I personally find it unbelievable that any manufacture could product a high priced piece of CRAP that has such a noticeable flaw such as lip sync and not have every consumer that purchase a $3,500 to $6,000 display not return it as I did. As for projection etc. not everyone has the option for a projection system in every space they want a larger size display such s 70" +. Everyone one says lip sync is worse on LCD based displays, well that's great as it's only LCD, LED that come in 4K and 70"+, OLED??? Is not here for the most part and other than a projection system there isn't anything else out there so it's a Plasma 1080p, and no 4K? This just blows me away this is what the market place is offering as solutions. I'm sure I'm well under informed compared to some of you seasoned pros and Gruru's here. But I'm only able to do the research I'm capable of.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
And every single forum in the world, upon over analyzing the Sony/ Panny split up on OLED(as in, impending death of OLED)..."It is a bleak world we will be living in if 4K automatically means everything is LCD."

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
schan1269 said:
OLED is replacing(within 3 years) plasma and LCD. And will derail projector sales...and probably have them killed off in 5.
OLED has been three years from replacing plasma and LCD for the past 15 years. Are there 50"-65" OLED displays for sale currently n the $10k range, on track to be $2k for Super Bowl sales in 2017?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks