What's new

Last of the mohicans (1 Viewer)

Im sure this has been already discussed but at any rate, I purchased this today, Im going to watch it tonight can someone tell me what to expect.... Oh by the way Ben Hur was great I watched it this weekend and cannot say enough about this movie. Ill rate it as one of my favorites thanks again HT for your great insight as always.

John Macri

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Mark:
LOTM is also a great DVD/film, although not on the epic scale and grandeur of Ben Hur. The DTS sound and anamorphic video will make for an impressive viewing experience.

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator
I don't own the disc yet, but the movie is awesome!
It's a very powerful story, and at times, it can be very touching.
The music is awesome too.

Gannett

Auditioning
Yo, this movie is easily one of my favorite movies of all time. The ending to this movie is so good , well the last 45 minutes of this movie are just awesome. Also the music if LOTM is incredible

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
I'm gonna get flamed...
I thought this movie was just OK at best. It's a very nice looking film, but I had problems with certain aspects of it. One big one was the fact that I would really like to see someone load a Kentucky Long Rifle at a dead run. These rifles are nearly as long as the people shooting them are tall, and yet they are shooting, sprinting, reloading (powder, wadding, bullet. No modern shells here, folks) while sprinting, turning, shooting, hitting their mark each and every time, then repeating the whole process again. Daniel Day Lewis even pulls a John Woo firing two of these big rifles at the same time! Evidently in this part of the American frontier they figured out how to never have mis-fires, either. Handy.
For what it's worth, I don't begrudge anyone enjoying a movie I didn't, so I truly do hope you like it.
OK. I'm done for now. Let me have it...
P.S.- Toward the end of the film, as Day-Lewis is running after his brother toward the cliff, you see him pass through what looks like a gap in some rocks. Watch his hands as he runs through. One of them hits a rock, and it's a fake rock! It bounces back like it's cloth strung over a frame or something.

Steve Simm

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoyed the movie but not the first few times I saw it.
By the way the thing with the rock caught my attention the first time I saw it and it is impossible not to see now. I have never heard anyone else mention this and when I pointed it out to my wife she accused me of being to critical. I think she just liked looking at Hawkeye. :)

Gannett

Auditioning
I agree with Scott from philly, I from philly to kid. You get people like Chauncey_G who just go through the movie and rip it apart for reasons about how the movie is unrealistic. last of the mohicans is f*cking aweosme.

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
I own the DTS version of the disc and it is one of my favorites. I think it has the best music of any movie I have seen in a while. The DTS version also has a few small extra scenes added into it.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
The DTS version also has a few small extra scenes added into it.
Both DVDs (the dual DTS/DD version and its nonanamorphic predecessor) have the same cut of the film, which Mann reworked for DVD. The changes are more extensive than you may realize. Many of the scenes that appear to be the same have been subtly reworked and reedited; you may not notice it until you A/B the DVD and the theatrical cut on LD or videotape.
M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks