What's new

Last night's ER... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Wow! Was Weaver and Green's wife bitchy last night. I really thought Maluchi(sp?) was going to smack her.
I thought it was funny at the end of Abby's and Luca's fight. They were giving crap to each other. At the end he goes "Fine, Carter can have you". And instead of her coming back with another retort. She says something to the effect of "ok".

Steve Hauben

Stunt Coordinator
So much better than last week's premeire
Spoilers galore...
Benton telling his son about his mom was powerful.
The infected peircing was too funny.
The girl on acid was nuts (I thout Carter had killed her).
Maybe they'll get rid of Melucci once and for all :)
Next week looks interesting too.
I thought it was funny at the end of Abby's and Luca's fight. They were giving crap to each other. At the end he goes "Fine, Carter can have you". And instead of her coming back with another retort. She says something to the effect of "ok".
Me too.
-Steve

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
While I don't like Weaver at all I have to say that I thought her reaction was right on the money and far from bitchy. They killed the patient through Maluchi's (sp) ineptitude.
Peter and Reese bothered the hell out of me. I have a 22 month old. Given recent events I've thought about the possibility of me having to tell my son that his mommy won't be coming back. I hope to hell that I don't ever have to have that conversation.
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed this episode much more than the season opener.
I hope they don't use Carter's slip/fall on his back as his entry into misusing pain killers again.
I wonder if Luca will take up with the waitress, Julie Delpy. You don't cast someone like Delpy in a bit part.
I think Abby and Carter make a much better couple anyhow, though it'll be tense in the ER with the 3 of them in there.
I though Elizabeth's "screed" was pretty much in character (I didn't think she was the mothering type given her drive to become a top notch surgeon), and I LOL! when she was giving Mark the riot act.
Benton and Reese was done well, and it was sad to see how tough it is to relate to not only a child, but a deaf child, and having to stay strong and keep signing when you want to just break down and cry a little. I'm pretty sure Benton's sister (the one who lost her son last season) will offer to take care of Reese.
Chen and Muluci are going have hell to pay over that misdiagnosis.
So what do you think will be the "shock" ending for next week's show?
------------------
PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; DIY Mains ; DIY CC ; Sunosub I + II + III ; DVDs ; Link Removed
[Edited last by Patrick Sun on October 05, 2001 at 02:12 PM]

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Jim, while I agree it was Malucci's fault for the guy dying. I think she did not believe that they paged her. When she finds her pager in the bathroom. You see her reading all the pages. I think she was more pissed because she thought they were lying. Poor Carter was crapped on the whole episode.
I also think Carter and Abby were good together. It looked like they were going to hook up originally, but then she was with Luca.
I have no idea what the shock ending will be. Knowing the way NBC says "shock ending" all the time. It probably is nothing. Or it is someone kicking Weavers butt.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I laughed out loud with the "You're not that pretty, you're not that special" line; not because it was funny -- it was harsh -- but because the gloves were off!
As for next week's obligatory shocker, it could be Spoiler:Susan Lewis (Sherry Stringfield) returning as attending, which is either the 3rd or 4th episode this season
When you know too much about a show/movie it takes all the fun out of it. To this day, I regret reading an article in Premiere that gave away the surprise at the end of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
//Ken

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Todd S,
Yeah, I guess that's possible. I hadn't come to the conclusion that she thought they were lying. I thought that she was angry because all of the information was there in front of them but they were careless in ignoring/misreading it. Malucci missed some stuff, made an error and then Chen compounded it without knowing the initial assessment was flawed.
Weaver misplacing her pager certainly added to the problem.
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
The thiong that got me was they had reshot a piece of the "Previosly on E.R." opening..when Benton got popped in the face! NOT the same guy as last season. Actually an actor from Chicago Hope, Something Vonde Hall...forgot his first name. Not the first cross over between the 2 shows, tho.
------------------
"The ScootPlex2000 is the ONLY theater I screen films for review in!"
David Manning-Critic
Scooter-Palooza 2..Be There or Be Square!
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/.../030866.html#5

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks