What's new

Last House on the Left reported to be definitely Uncut (1 Viewer)

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I came across this thread while at the message board of www.fridaythe13thfilms.com.
http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com/fo...&threadid=3926
For those of you who don't like to go to outside links, here's what it says...
"Last House on the Left MGM DVD Uncut? Yes.
I'm a big fan of LAST HOUSE like many on this board and have seen a few guys mention the upcoming MGM DVD... cut or not? After all, we got sorely jyped in 1985 when Vestron released the supposedly uncut version on video to coincide with the (unrealized) BEYOND THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT project. And we've all heard of the full intestine fondling scene only existing in the closing of GUTS OF A VIRGIN. Throw the info in the Fangoria retrospective and David Sulkin's book on top of that, and you've got a dubious crowd of LAST HOUSE fans.
With me?
Okay. I had a chat with a guy in MGM (who contacted me about SC) about the DVD and guys -- it's the real deal. They created it in Munich, Germany from an original interneg supplied by the producers in 1972 for European viewing and was never cut down.
Guys, I just got a woody. This is gonna be the definitive version."

I really hope this turns out to be true. A Craven/Cunningham commentary would be great. Maybe get interviews with a couple of members from the original cast as well. Anyone here from MGM care to give us an update? Have any of the rest of you heard anything? Anyone know for sure if this story is true?
[Edited last by Wes Ray on August 21, 2001 at 11:59 PM]

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
Wow this is great news that i hope to be true :)
I'm a huge fan of this movie & think it's one of the greatest indie/exploitation horror flicks of the 70's.
I was hoping for the dvd to at least be "uncut' with all of the additional footage found in the 'uncut" Vestron & CIC versions. Though if the complete or close to completly uncut print has been found & is released. Then i'm just gonna die from shock since i never though i'd see the day that'd happen :)
We'll have to wait & see though.....

Gerard Priori

Stunt Coordinator
I certainly hope this news is true. It's about time an uncut print surfaced and was released. I can't wait for this one.
"And the road leads to nowhere."
-Jerry

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
As I recall, MGM's decision to release the uncut version was a direct result of requests from HTF members during the MGM chat.
M.

Will K

Screenwriter
All I can say is...WOW. I do hope it's true. As far as DVD goes, I think MGM is fast becoming the horror lover's next best friend, aside to Anchor Bay.

Todd_B

Second Unit
This is great news. If the flick does arrive uncut, then here is an early 'thank-you' to MGM.
icon14.gif

Todd B
------------------
My Disks

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I can't believe we're all so excited about seeing a recently-violated girl's guts get pulled out like spaghetti.
But hey! If you can't beat 'em...
biggrin.gif

I'll be getting it just fer all the fuss.

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
lol,well this movie isn't for everyone!
I'm not "excited" about seeing the complete gut pulling scene.But I am happy that i may be able to see the movie finnaly completly uncut as it was supposed to be in all it's outragous disturbing glory.
+ cutting down the violence to such an extreme,that nothing is left only ruins the impact of the scene(s). So in uncut form you'll most likely react & be very upset,grossed out ect instead of "WOW THAT WAS COOL!!!" which is only how sicko's with no respect for human life would act.
Aside from the very horrifying & sad scenes of the girls getting tortured ect. This is also a great(very) dark comedy that packs a real punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks