LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT...Disc problems?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob Cashill, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill Cinematographer

Aug 15, 2001
    The standard side (which contains several extras) refuses to play on my Sony Vaio and Pioneer players. Anyone else have any troubles?

While I think MGM's Midnite Movies discs are terrific (LAST HOUSE is no exception) I must gripe about the spindles that hold the discs. You really have to press hard to release the DVDs, and in the case of their new ATTIC/CRAWLSPACE double feature, I exacerbated cracks that were already present on the disc. Needless to say the disc broke when I tried to replace it in the case (first time that ever happened to me) though I was able to get in a viewing of CRAWLSPACE first (a diverting little sickie).

Needless to say, they're off to my e-tailer tomorrow. To paraphrase one of the songs in LAST HOUSE, I hope the road leads to somewhere...
  2. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Jun 15, 2001
    I played the the extras section on both sides yesterday without any problems. I keep a bunch of extra keepcases ordered from InetDVD around to replace the keepcases of retail purchased DVDs that come with unacceptable spindles & the like.[​IMG]