What's new

Last House on the Left - commentary recorded (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
I've heard from a few sources that Wes Craven recorded his commentary, along with Sean Cunningham, for Last House on the Left this past week.
And MGM has indeed found an uncut print of the film!
I don't know if I should be excited or scared - this film really creeps me out.

Esten

Supporting Actor
Good news,i guess.This is one screwed up movie.Yet,it is a Craven movie,so i'll wind up picking it up.

I'm really looking forward to this release and I do hope an uncut print is located. What is the correct OAR for this movie?

Kristian

Will K

Screenwriter
It'll be interesting to hear what they have to say, because I doubt either one of them have even been anywhere near this movie for 25 years. I'm just glad MGM did the right by deciding on an uncut release, rather than giving in to the "phantom menace" of conservative groups that might picket them for releasing such a movie on DVD. (Yes, that was sarcasm)

Will K

Screenwriter
According to IMDB, it's 1.85:1
That sounds right, but I've seen several international transfers that have matted it to 1.66:1. We shall see. Before he went "scope" in the Scream trilogy, Wes Craven shot most of his films open-matte.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I believe the correct ratio is somewhere around 1:66, or 1:78.
the independent film channel aired it in widescreen a while back and they have a big thing with presenting movies in their original aspect ratios. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks