What's new

Last (Hopefully Not Ever) Film You Saw In A Theater. (1 Viewer)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I see movies in my theater anytime I want but I know you actually meant a commercial theater. ;) In that case it would be Black Panther back in 2018. It takes an executive order from my wife to get me into those places as I consider them a downgrade in pretty much every sense.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's so bizarre to me that most of the new titles mentioned in this thread are on VOD now. I get it, but I think it's bizarre. These are crazy times.

Suzanne.S

Second Unit
Real Name
Suzanne
I saw Anatomy of a Murder (1959) two weeks ago Tuesday. The Wildey Theatre in Edwardsville, IL does $2.00 Tuesdays. It's a nice refurbished theater that goes back to the Vaudeville days. They have the best popcorn in town. It's worth the 40 minute drive to see classics there.

I wanted to see King Kong, but I had to work.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I saw Anatomy of a Murder (1959) two weeks ago Tuesday. The Wildey Theatre in Edwardsville, IL does $2.00 Tuesdays. It's a nice refurbished theater that goes back to the Vaudeville days. They have the best popcorn in town. It's worth the 40 minute drive to see classics there.

I wanted to see King Kong, but I had to work.
Ooh! I would have enjoyed that.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Assuming jury duty doesn't count as a "theater", Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith ...

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Rise of Skywalker almost exactly 2 months ago... unless you wanna count something like Disney World’s Avatar - Flight of Passage ride, which is basically a 4D (digital?) IMAX short “film” presentation — I was at WDW back in mid-Feb for my youngest’s mid-winter break, which seems like a long time ago now...

Like some here, I rarely ever go to the theaters (and had also become much more of a homebody in recent years, including “work life”)... so this situation actually doesn’t really change much of anything for me at least in that regard...

_Man_

Last edited:

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Last film I saw in a theater was The Hunt on March 14. It was an A-List selection.

I was scheduled to see Emma last Tuesday, March 17, but late on the 16th our Governor announced the closing of all movie theaters due to the virus. This was a few hours before AMC announced they were suspending operations nationwide.

Hopefully the virus will pass and we can all go back to seeing movies in the theaters soon.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Every year the Egyptian Theatre/American Cinematheque and Noir City Hollywood present a Film Noir festival around March and this year's ran through March 15th. One evening this year they had a special screening at a different location.

On March 10th, a lovely rainy evening, I saw a film noir double feature at the Post 43 American Legion Veteran's Theater in Hollywood. There were cocktails in the Art Deco bar beforehand and excellent popcorn, and other refreshments, for the screening! Oh yeah, the films were Act of Violence, directed by Fred Zinneman and starring Van Heflin, Robert Ryan, Janet Leigh, Mary Astor, Phyllis Thaxter and Berry Kroeger, and Somewhere in the Night directed by Joseph Mankiewicz, starring John Hodiak, Lloyd Nolan, Sheldon Leonard, Richard Conte and Nancy Guild. Her name is pronounced with a long "i" sound as in be-guiled. According to the host.

Appropriately, both films lead characters were WWII veterans with problems related to their war service.

It's a unique and historic venue. A year or two ago the annual TCM Film Festival had a screening of The Sound of Music there.

FYI if one is interested:
https://www.hollywoodpost43.org/theater

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks