Last great DC game?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianB, Apr 12, 2002.

1. BrianB

BrianB Producer

NCS have opened up pre-orders for "Ikaruga", potentially the last great Dreamcast game to be released. It's a top down shooter by Treasure, makers of the sublime Radiant Silvergun on the Saturn. It's a port from the Naomi arcade machine, so it will look delicious on the Dreamcast. Mix RS with a dash of Silhoutte Mirage.
    My order's in, can't wait for it at the end of May [​IMG]

2. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    Wow, that looks awesome! Thanks for the heads-up, Brian!

-Christian

3. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

So, I've only got two small questions before I give my poor little Dreamcast one final treat (though it doesn't feel that lonely anyway - its my Rez machine!)

1) Is this as good as 'son of Radiant Silvergun' would suggest?

2) NCS is the best place for a Brit like myself to get it, yes?

Thanks guys.

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

It's not as gooad as RS apparently - a few people will get disappointed as it's not a straight sequel. The game mechanic is different - it's a mixture of a top down shooter with Silhoutte Mirage (also from Treasure). Basically, you've got shadow/light mode - when you're "shadow", shadow bullets will not affect you (but your bullets won't affect shadow objects) and vice versa in light mode.

As for NCS - if price is a concern, then either them, Tronix or cart-mart are the places to order it from. If getting it rightaway is more important, go for a UK importer like CEX(though you'll pay through the nose to get it rightaway).

5. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

NCS are in my bad books right now... They have failed to sort out the situation of two games that shipped at Christmas that never arrived. :-/ I'll be trying Tronix for Resident Evil cube methinks...

Dan

6. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I wouldn't get my hopes up....Treasure has said that they have no idea who started this rumor, but they are not working on porting Ikaruga to the DC. Believe me I want this bad.

7. BrianB

BrianB Producer

But the flipside to that is Treasure did the same denials about Radiant Silvergun right up until shortly before its release. They're still selling (the much more expensive) Naomi carts to arcade which allegedly they don't want to kill the market for.