What's new

Last Edited Suggestion (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I don't like the little statement inserted whenever I edit a post. I understand why it's there but it's a pain. Here's how Dvd Talk does it:
The first edit is a freebie. Nothing is inserted. Subsequent edits do insert the "last edited" phrase; however, it does it only once. Every edit after that simply updates it. I can't, and don't have to, remove the added code.
Dvd Talk is a bit looser than HTF and they seem to get along with this just fine. I suggest "freebie" edits for a set amount of time after the post has been submitted, say an hour. I'm editing my posts all the time for misspellings, punctuation, poor phrasing and the like, and rarely for content. I'm guessing that this is rarely that much of a problem.
Perhaps none of this is possible under the current software or maybe it's too much work right now considering that the HTF may ultimately move to another server and other software.
But I'd like someone to keep it in mind.
Thanks
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Alan,
You might like to know that if you have to edit a second time you do have the capability of deleting the first edit "notice."
So, only one needs to remain.
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks