Last Days of Disco?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Albert_M, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Albert_M

Albert_M Supporting Actor

Will this disc go back in print, or should I pay a lot for a used one? I know soon as I buy it, that news of rerelease will happen.... but I haven't seeked out news on this title, so I hope that maybe, it has already been announced...? anyone know?

2. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

The existing DVD is quite good, so if the prices aren't too bad, I'd pick it up. I bought it when I first heard it went out of print.

I haven't heard any news on it. And with Whit Stillman's first film METROPOLITAN never making it to DVD, I don't think there is any rush to release it.

Great film though.

3. DavidBC

DavidBC Second Unit

I adore this movie and wish I could get ahold of it (I saw a used copy last weekend, but refused to pay $60 for it). You'd think stuff like this would get rereleased. I mean, if people are willing to pay so much to get ahold of one, there must be a big enough market to support a rerelease.

4. Albert_M

Albert_M Supporting Actor

Also Beckinsale and Sovengy (sorry if I destroyed their names) have gone to bigger and better things. Maybe not big household names, but still... too bad more intelligent comedies don't come out more often. I also thought this was the best of Stillman's movies and actually most mainstream/accessible one so to speak.

5. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

Bigger -- yes. Better -- absolutely not. What "better" film has Beckinsale been in -- Van Hellsing? [​IMG]

Last Days of Disco is great, and the DVD has a fine anamorphic transfer. Thank goodness I got it the moment it was released... Could music rights be keeping it OOP?

Who owns the rights to Metropolitan?

Ted

6. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I thought I'd resurrect this old thread and ask if there had been any word on a possible re-release of The Last Days of Disco on DVD? I don't suppose there has been but I figured it couldn’t hurt to ask anyway.

Thanks.

7. walter o

walter o Supporting Actor

/isn't this a Polygram film? if so, it is probably with MCA, who hasn't done much with catalog titles this year, so I doubt anytime soon!

8. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I believe it was a Polygram title. I see quite a few VHS copies online that can be had for about $3-$6 but the DVD seems to sell for a small fortune.