Lassie's 50th Anniversary DVD Review?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Steven Thomas, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Steven Thomas

I am trying to locate a review on the Lassie 50th Anniversary DVD. Can someone point me to where I might find one? I am hoping to learn which episodes are on the disc. None of the stores in my area have a copy in stock to read the back cover. Thank you.

2. Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch Second Unit

I started watching the Lassie DVD set last night. I don't have the set with me, but I can tell you that it takes a few of the more important episodes from each of five different eras. I have to say that the quality of the shows on the discs that I've seen are superb. The only episodes that I can tell you are in the set for sure are the pilot episode from 1954, and Lassie's Puppies from 1955. There is also an episode transitioning from the boy Jeff to young Timmy. There is an excellent booklet that comes with the set. I bought this set at Costco for only $17.99; it is easily worth twice that. I heartily recommend it.

3. Steven Thomas

Thank you for your reply Doug. I am most interested in the episodes from the Cory Stewart era. My father was the US Forest Service technical advisor on the show from 1966-68. I am hoping there are a couple of shows from when he worked on the show. If there are it would make a great Christmas gift for my mother. Would you mind letting me know which shows are listed when you have time? Thank you again. [​IMG]

4. Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch Second Unit

Steven, I will look at the set tonight and let you know tomorrow. I know that there are a couple of shows from the Forest Ranger era. I will give you the titles and a synopsis.

5. Chas_Michael

Chas_Michael Second Unit

Hello all,
    I own the 5 separate Lassie DVD's that were available last year. How does the new Lassie box set compare? Are any of the episodes repeated in the box set? Is there an episode list of the box set online? Thanks!

6. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn