What's new

Laserholics, there's an HLD-X9 on E-bay (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
You don't see too many HLD-X9's on E-bay but there's one there now. It's the best auto-flip player ever made. There's a single bid of $1000 on it already but the reserve isn't met. Got upgrade-itus?
Item number deleted. Please do a search on Ebay if you are interested in this LD player while the auction is still active. Thanks.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Gosh darn you Rachael - now I want it and I didn't before and I really shouldn't spend the kind of money I believe this guy probably wants. Nick Santini advertised a HLD-X0 (edited - originally said the HLD-X9 - got the two models mixed up) for $4,000 (plus $500 shipping) on alt.video.laser not long ago. That was easy to pass as I didn't have $4,000 floating around at the time.

By the way - if they're still available, I want a S9 manual. I happened to be on vacation when you e-mailed me and then I forgot.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
For those interested, here is a link to the eBay auction:
Link deleted - Please do not post active Ebay links.
Too bad the seller doesn't have a picture.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Alan, I stille have 3 copies. Yu need to get with me soon on that because I'm packing up to mve across town, or wait till December. I don't know what the reserve is but the single bidder is Nicolas. I recognize his e-bay i.d. Best wishes!:)

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
I just got this player last week and it's the best player I've ever used in PQ. I been scanning my old library and a lot of thing look cleaner and sharper. Sometimes this is bad because on even a smaller TV monitor 10" I can see EE, when on other players I cant. It's a bit hard for me to gauge but I would say that this is slightly better than the HD20 and the C2EX. Thou I still like the HD20 for some things thou.

I will prob get either a C2EX, HD20 (slightly better ergo than C2EX), LD-X1(LD-S2), CLD-97 (CLD-959), if I get more $ and can find them... I seem to dislike the 70X series based machines. I have never seen one I liked including multiple S9's.

Rachael, I just took a look at STARGATE Squeeze again on this player and I didn't like it as much colour wise compared to cheap players. Some scenes just looked a bit too colourful! I'll send this to you when I'm done playing with it.

I'm glad I got a new X9 while there were still some left.

Chris Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
-
This kind of thing makes me want to get a credit-card and make a VERY BAD financial decision, hehe

/me hugs his Panny LX-1000.

Mattias_ka

Supporting Actor
Tony Kwong, Good for you that you DID get a working X9. My 2 HLD-X9 looks fine and I want the X0 soon!!!

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Mattias, you'll proably buy this X9 too! You proably are trying to corner the market on X9's....:)
Tony, I may have to borrow STARGATE this winter after I move. I'm beginning to box up stuff already. I am curious to see it. Can't you adjust your TV just a bit for the disc? We all run into software that needs a slight adjustment from our norm's.... Ain't that thar X9 a doozie!:emoji_thumbsup: Maybe you should start looking for a display to really do it justice?
Chris, you might end up in the poor house after you outbid Alan and most especially Mattias!;) ....not to mention the bankcard's issuer....

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
I did want to send it to you before but, I wanted to finish it. I've had a lot of bad luck with displays so I haven't bought anything in a long time. My 10" monitor even have a squeeze mode! I was thinking about buying a CRT projector again. I used to own a NEC 6PG but had a lot of problems with it after my extreme heavy usage. Is CRT still the way to go? I know this is the wrong place to ask but does any LD users know a good low cost used CRT projector for HiVision and LD. DVD is pretty much a non issue as IMO I's a lot easier to get a good PQ from that.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Tony, the only two CRT systems that I've seen up close only had DVD. I mean they were so good I think LD would excel on them with the right procesing and most especially an X9. Both the CRT's I've seen were Barco's. I hope that the lower maintenance projectors really improve and come down in price in the next couple of years. I want one in a couple of years, realisticly. I'll have to save some money. I need to go to one of the shows sometime and squint around...
The Sony XBR monitors are good for LD using an iscan, any model, going to component input if you want to stay with a tube. The squeez mode for DVD is quite good. I think the 450 is replaced by the 800...? I'm pretty sure it has been for 36" anyway...?
If you don't do a projector that's a decent alternative to get some size and handle LD especially well. Wouldn't that be hunky dory after 10"? My 450 squeezes Muse automatically just like it does for interlaced DVD.
I can hardly imagine watching LD on 10"! Maybe close! When I got my first LD player in 1987 my set was a 13" Sony with a composite input. A few months later I sprung for my first 27" set.
This winter you can send me STARGATE. Maybe I can send you something intresting? :) Best wishes!

Mattias_ka

Supporting Actor
Mattias, you'll proably buy this X9 too! You proably are trying to corner the market on X9's....
Hmm....Maybe I will...not...:D
But the X0 and maybe a used LD-S9 will it be.
Is CRT still the way to go? I know this is the wrong place to ask but does any LD users know a good low cost used CRT projector for HiVision and LD.
Well, I think that CRT is still the king! I use my both HLD-X9 on a Barco 801 and 100-90" screen and it works perfect!
I will upgrade next year to a Barco 808, I think that's the best I need and there are alot of them on the market for a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks