Laserdiscs for sale inc. Star Wars

Discussion in 'Media Classifieds' started by Allen Longcor, May 30, 2005.

1. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

I have the Star Wars 'faces' trilogy up for grabs. The cases are in pretty good condition, but Jedi has a tear along the bottom. Star wars also has a light scratch on it that I was not told about before I bought it. It would skip about 5 minutes of one scene on my player, but played perfectly on my friend's player. The other two discs play perfectly. Since the condition is not the best I'd like to get $50 for the trilogy plus $6 for shipping.

I also have these titles for sale:

Leaving Las Vegas - Special Unrated Edition
    The Shawshank Redemption - Deluxe Widescreen
    Forrest Gump - Deluxe Edition
    Rain Man
    Raiders of the Lost Ark - Widescreen Edition
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Letterbox Edition
    Falling Down
    Die Hard with a Vengeance THX (with AC-3)

Would like to sell as a set for $30 + $6 shipping, or take everything for $75 and save on shipping. If there is only one or two titles on the second list you want I might be willing to break it up. Please contact me for any questions or pictures of the actual items.

2. Elijah

Elijah Supporting Actor

YGM re: Faces LD

3. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

Sale pending on SW LD's.

4. Elijah

Elijah Supporting Actor

[​IMG]!

5. Elijah

Elijah Supporting Actor

Thanks Allen for the great sale. They arrived safely yesterday and in GREAT condition. Now I just have to find a good LD player.

PS: bump [​IMG]

6. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

Elijah,

I highly recommend contacting Duncan from Bayview Electronics at www.laserdiscservice.com He is a laserdisc guru and services laserdisc players and sells players he has refurbished. If you get one from him it will be in peak operating condition and he gurantee's his work. I would contact him and see what he has. He can give you recommendtations on good players for your needs as well.

7. Elijah

Elijah Supporting Actor

I just went to thier site, and will give Duncan a call (or email?). Thanks for the advise. Someone else mentioned Pioneer LD players (CLD-D704, and a couple others) as good options, so that is where I will start. Thanks again.

8. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

Pioneer is the best option. The reason being because they made very good players and they still make parts for them if needed.

The 704 is pioneers best non-elite player and is indeed very good. The 703 is the same player has the 704 in video quality and can be had for much cheaper.

The 704 has an AC3 output for use with Dolby digital laserdiscs. The 703 does not have the AC3 output but is otherwise the same player.

With laserdisc service and repair, Duncan is the best. You can either call them or shoot an email to the sales address.