Laserdisc players

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tony-B, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

I am interested in getting a Laserdisc player. If I do decide to get one, which one should I get, and could you recommend some discs to get? I know to get Star Wars and Indiana Jones, but I don't know which other ones to go for. This, by the way, will be my first LD player, and I don't want to spend alot on it. Thanks!

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

3. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

4. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

Tony-B

I would suggest you buy the best player you can afford. Laserdisc video quality varies greatly from cheaper, average players to the above average players. You might be disappointed in video performance if you just get a low end player. The Pioneer Elite CLD 59 and Pioneer CLD 703 would suite your needs and are not extremely expensive.

5. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

If you want a LD player for just a few prologic movies I suggest that you stick with an economical and mechanically simple single sided player. Specifically the CLD-S104, CLD-S304, and CLD-S201 (though the 201 is older it has similar perfoamcen). There is also an industrial player that I've seen on ebay quite a lot that looks very similar to the 201, I'd have that on my list, too.