What's new

Laserdisc player won't flip anymore..... (1 Viewer)

Sergio Z.

Stunt Coordinator
My Pioneer DVL-700 won't flip to side B anymore automatically, and not even when I try with the button on the player and on the remote. Is it done for?
Is it worth taking in to get fixed? Yes, I still play lasers even though I have a separate DVD player :)
Thanks everybody!

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
That player sounds expensive, therefore at least see how much it will cost to fix. Depending on your library, you probably have the best sounding discs even if some are placed on DVD. Star Wars alone 5.1 warrants you to keep the player.

Steven_J_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
I had a drawer problem a couple of years ago with my DVL 700 and had to have the little servos replaced to the tune of a little over a $100. I would see how much it would cost to fix and then decide if it's worth it.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Does it still play DVDs? These actually have separate pickups for DVD and another for LD and CD, and the flipping mechanism stores the one that isn't in use. When it's powered off it always puts the DVD pickup into position, which is rather needless wear and tear on it if you're just using it to play LDs.
My DVL-909 is still in the shop, having for the second time started skipping 1 minute into side 2 on LDs. I swear it's a great player for all formats though when it's not messing up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks